(Topic ID: 161361)

1960's-1970's Gottlieb Employees

By Playdium

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I thought it would be interesting to hear the stories of employees from these years. Particularly, the assembly line employees. Would a production run consist of several hundred machines at once, then change over to a different title?

Any stories out there?

#2 7 years ago

Yes they would build a single tittle for a month or 2 then discontinue it. I happened to get a factory tour in the early 80's and all they had on the floor was Haunted House.

#3 7 years ago

That must have been a sight. Any photos?

#4 7 years ago

Gottlieb simply put.....the greatest show on earth.

#5 7 years ago

I always thought an ad in a Chicago paper would find old employees. Let them know there is a pinball site where folks would love to hear the old stories. To them it probably seemed mundane, but to know there are others wanting to hear about it would be neat to them, I would think.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I thought it would be interesting to hear the stories of employees from these years. Particularly, the assembly line employees. Would a production run consist of several hundred machines at once, then change over to a different title?
    Any stories out there?

Have you checked Clay Harrell's This Old Pinball podcasts (TOP Cast) from several years ago? He interviewed many past leaders, innovators, designers, etc in the industry. The link I have is http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1960s-1970s-gottlieb-employees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.