(Topic ID: 143969)

1960 Williams Jungle Backglass - anyone need one?

By AlexF

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ShayJungleGlass.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Needed one a few years ago, but I found a plexiglass replacement.

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Well, it looks like your wish has been granted. Shay says he is going to produce "Jungle" as well as other Williams EM and early SS backglasses. I wish he would do "Skill Pool", "Space Ship", and "King Pin". Yeah, I know about the plexiglass "King Pin" and "Space Ship", but I think the quality of those fall short of a screened-on-glass repro.

#27 8 years ago

The plastic "Rocket" backglass is actually pretty good. But... it's the regular light blue background version. I spoke to Shay recently, and told him about the "Rocket" backglass I recently acquired in my game, which has a dark blue/purple background (much prettier IMHO). He wants me to send him some photos of it (which I have not yet done), so maybe he will make a repro of it.

#29 8 years ago

I didn't get a "Wonderland" or "Space Ship", but I got all the others. Yeah, "Sea Wolf" is pretty good too. "Space Ship" looks like crap, but I didn't see an actual one, only pictures. I may get a chance to see one for real on Friday. "King Pin" is pretty good, except that the purple background around the bowling pins just doesn't have the same color intensity and depth of the original, and he made the light-up "one" for the one thousand score in black. This makes it look like you always have over one thousand points. But of course, it's way better than a flaky or non-existent glass.

4 months later
#31 8 years ago

Wow, that glass looks great. I wish Shay would update his website.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1960-williams-jungle-backglass-anyone-need-one?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.