(Topic ID: 143969)

1960 Williams Jungle Backglass - anyone need one?

By AlexF

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ShayJungleGlass.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Inspired by Hoov's Sing Along backglass post. Man he really can rally the troops.

Anyway Shay asked on RGP if anyone had interest in a repro for Williams Jungle. Heck yes I do! Anyway I don't think he posts here but maybe we can round up a couple more guys.

#2 4 years ago

I'll take one as soon as you send me your Jungle.

#3 4 years ago

I know you would take good care of it but I'd miss it.

You'd like the upper left/right rollover shot. It's nearly impossible.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

upper left/right rollover shot. It's nearly impossible.

you can say that again,
but a very valuable shot at that,
increases the lower pop bumpers to score 100K

#5 4 years ago

Nobody?

#6 4 years ago

I think you mean "Anybody?"
Perhaps you could reach out to the other four pinsiders that show this game in their collection.

#7 4 years ago

Needed one a few years ago, but I found a plexiglass replacement.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

other four pinsiders

My WMS Jungle BG is in near perfect condition
so can not justify an upgrade.

#9 4 years ago

There are still four others...

It's nice to have games of such rarity.

#10 4 years ago

I think that's the problem, not all that many floating around. And it seems like half of them have nice glasses. Mine is presentable but it's a cool enough game to warrant a perfect replacement. To me anyway.

#11 4 years ago

Maybe that guy that's been doing the old Willams glasses on plexi lately for "wall art" will do Jungle one of these days.

#12 4 years ago

IMG_1228.jpg

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll take one as soon as you send me your Jungle.

Haha.I feel the same way.love the cab style as I own a Bobo but it's not a Jungle.

Ted

#15 4 years ago

Here is the BG on the Jungle I picked up a couple weeks ago. Needs a little touch up in the cloud but otherwise very nice. I am not sure that I would be interested in a repop.

John

IMG_3280.jpg

#16 4 years ago

It's the critters in the backbox

Quoted from ksnuclear:Here is the BG on the Jungle I picked up a couple weeks ago. Needs a little touch up in the cloud but otherwise very nice. I am not sure that I would be interested in a repop.
John

It's the critters in the backbox animation that always seem to be missing. Are you missing any, I can't tell for sure.

#17 4 years ago

I have all the animals in the backbox. The only thing missing is the background "scenery". Playfield is real nice. Of course it needs a cabinet repaint.

J

#18 4 years ago

Reproduction animals, plastics and background scenery are available from Pinball Rescue.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/

Reproduction legs are available from Marco Specialties.

We just need a backglass and one could give it the full treatment if needed. It's not often you get all these reproduction goodies for a Williams game...

#19 4 years ago

Pleaee add my name to the list for a backglass.

#20 4 years ago

BGresto.com has done the Jungle glass.

#21 4 years ago

Yes, and I'm sure it looks fine but there is no substitute for the real thing. To me anyway. And if they hadn't maybe my odds would have been better of getting a silkscreen version.

#22 4 years ago

It's a really cool looking pinball machine with the backglass animation. One was available in the 90's locally for about $100 but I passed on it and bought a foto finish instead.

Bruce

1 week later
#23 4 years ago

Well, it looks like your wish has been granted. Shay says he is going to produce "Jungle" as well as other Williams EM and early SS backglasses. I wish he would do "Skill Pool", "Space Ship", and "King Pin". Yeah, I know about the plexiglass "King Pin" and "Space Ship", but I think the quality of those fall short of a screened-on-glass repro.

#24 4 years ago

There is hope after all! I thought old Williams machines would be left to make due with the faded peeling backglasses many of them have. Did he happen to mention another run of Rocket?

#25 4 years ago

He didn't mention Rocket specifically but it seems possible.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/rec.games.pinball/jpOBRbvb0tk

#26 4 years ago

Looks like Shay is going to be busy.

I'm glad I didn't rush into buying one of those plastic ones. Maybe we talk that guy into making plastic end caps for our lockdown bars.

#27 4 years ago

The plastic "Rocket" backglass is actually pretty good. But... it's the regular light blue background version. I spoke to Shay recently, and told him about the "Rocket" backglass I recently acquired in my game, which has a dark blue/purple background (much prettier IMHO). He wants me to send him some photos of it (which I have not yet done), so maybe he will make a repro of it.

#28 4 years ago

I saw one of those plexi Sea Wolf glasses in person and it looked very well done. On the pics of the Wonderland he did it looked like some of the colors were off. Given a choice I would always spend a little more and go with Shay.

#29 4 years ago

I didn't get a "Wonderland" or "Space Ship", but I got all the others. Yeah, "Sea Wolf" is pretty good too. "Space Ship" looks like crap, but I didn't see an actual one, only pictures. I may get a chance to see one for real on Friday. "King Pin" is pretty good, except that the purple background around the bowling pins just doesn't have the same color intensity and depth of the original, and he made the light-up "one" for the one thousand score in black. This makes it look like you always have over one thousand points. But of course, it's way better than a flaky or non-existent glass.

4 months later
#30 3 years ago

Oooh, so excited. I just got my Shay Jungle backglass tonight. It's beautiful.

ShayJungleGlass.jpg

#31 3 years ago

Wow, that glass looks great. I wish Shay would update his website.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 11.00
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 21.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside