• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• 3-D Williams, 1958
  • Darts Williams, 1960

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181022_181118 (resized).jpg
20181022_181033 (resized).jpg
20181022_181013 (resized).jpg
DSCN6023 (resized).JPG
DSCN6024 (resized).JPG

#1 5 months ago

Can anyone out there post a photo or two of a Williams "Darts" in a woodrail cabinet? There are none on IPDB either, so maybe send them over there as well.
I'm thinking about putting mine in a woodrail cabinet. I have an empty "3-D" cabinet that I think would look pretty good, but I'm curious what the correct design looks like.

#2 5 months ago

You are talking about a rare bird indeed. Good luck with the cabinet art.

I'll go out on a limb and say it probably has coin slots in the coin door and no slots in the lockdown bar. Good luck finding that bar though as I believe beside that one, Serenade, the game that came out a month earlier, is the only one to have one.

#3 5 months ago

Hmm. Never considered the coin slot arrangement. I didn't realize that the woodrail version is so scarce. I wonder how rare it is, say compared with Gottlieb''s "Flipper" woodrail versus metal rail versions.
I think Shay might have one. I'll ask him.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Never considered the coin slot arrangement.

If you're not a purist, and by switching cabs I'm guessing you're not, then it probably won't matter.

Just a little tidbit of info I picked up when researching Serenade.

"New Front Coin Entry"

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2098&picno=4316&zoom=1

#5 5 months ago

Depending on the complexity and your level of skill, you might be able to fabricate a lock bar. Assume it's either oak or maple.

#6 5 months ago

Well since I am shopping Serenade for the first time since it got here, her ya go!

Different from all the rest for sure. The bolts no longer go all the way through either. Coin door should be the same as what's on your mod cab Darts.

You guys know by now how much I love my mod cab.

DSCN6024 (resized).JPG
DSCN6023 (resized).JPG

#7 5 months ago

I am somewhat of a purist, but I'm softening a little with age. I did do the "Guys Dolls"/"Gypsy Queen" cabinet swap, and I'm still good with it.
I had this "3-D" cabinet around, and since I need one "styling of the sixties" lockdown bar (good luck!) and a top glass (slightly wider than standard), I figured swapping "Darts" into a woodrail cabinet (because there are woody versions anyway) would solve several issues. I'm not really crazy about that cabinet anyway, though many of the games made during that run are outstanding.

#8 5 months ago

I did have a Darts, and I will say the mod cab fits a multiplayer game like Magic Clock a bit better as it is so stout.

Yeah, it's still here, and I remember that day Stashyboy said "run, don't walk", it was actually a pleasant drive. Probably the only time I pushed "Buy it now" on an e-bay pinball machine purchase. No regrets at all.

#9 5 months ago

i believe shay has the woodrail version of darts, at least he did the last time he was at my place

#10 5 months ago

I did a dry run with the lightbox. Everything fits pretty good. I'm going to install my repro backglass in the finished game.

20181022_181013 (resized).jpg20181022_181033 (resized).jpg20181022_181118 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kcmo, MO
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 19.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside