You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TexanSerial.jpg
TexanfieldClean.jpg
TexanLit.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Here for your consideration, a 1960 Gottlieb Woodrail Texan. It's a sample game with a few noticeable differences from the production model. It has 3 play meters in it and the apron has lighted jeweled inserts. There is a toggle for double match award. There may be more but I'm not sure.

I picked this one up a few weeks back. It had spent many years in storage and was non-working and grungy. I cleaned up the playfield and made a quick run through the mechanics. I got it to play (sort of.) It's still fussy and will need some more thorough attention.

The playfield cleaned up nicely. It will need a couple bumper caps and a slingshot plastic. One other plastic is there but broken. The cabinet cleaned up pretty decent. Lock down bar is included but not pictured. There is no back door. The playfield glass was missing as well. I put a piece of plexi I had on it for now. The legs are spares I had on hand and would like to keep them for a future project. The backglass has been heavily reworked. No the horse is not original. It was a previous owners valiant attempt at making a flaking example presentable. It does what it needs to do for now.

$200.

TexanLit.jpgTexanLit.jpg
TexanfieldClean.jpgTexanfieldClean.jpg
TexanSerial.jpgTexanSerial.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Great seller, buy with confidence!

I love sample games, so cool to find any and all differences. That horse cracks me up!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Todd. Yes, the horse is odd, but it's creative and fairly well implemented.

#4 9 years ago

The horse aint so bad. Cool game Alex.

--Jeff

2 weeks later
#5 9 years ago

Auction ends today.
ebay.com link: itm

1 year later
#6 7 years ago

want to buy where are you at

#7 7 years ago

This thread is almost 2 years old...the game is likely long gone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1960-gottlieb-texan-sample-game-200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.