(Topic ID: 195043)

1960 Flipper Silver Spatter?

By 1974DeltaQueen

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper2 (resized).jpg
    Flipper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'll be repainting a Gottlieb Flipper. Original
    Paint was sanded and i can't tell if cabinet has silver spatter or webbing. Any help much appreciated.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks guys i'll go with light silver spatter and if i don't like it ill just paint the antique white over it .

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from waltrr:

I just checked mine and it's definitely silver spatter but it is lightly done. Checked under a leg too.
    I'd say the silver paint was thinned because some of the spatter dots look to be slightly transparent, not a deep silver

Thanks Walt I was leaning that way. I knew it wasn't webbing . Now to get a light silver spatter I'll experiment on cardboard first. Webbing I got. I use Pinhead52 and Boilerman's methods. That'll be cake when i do Silver webbing on my Flipper Cowboy.

1 month later
    #10 6 years ago

Silver splatter confirmed once I removed the side rails .

1 month later
    #12 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi Delta Queen,
    Did you paint your cabinet yet? If so, what did you use for the silver spatter? I just repainted a machine that looked as though it didn't have any spatter (mine was totally repainted over), turns out that it has silver spatter, I have to do the spatter paint after the colors were put down

I used a rustoleum hammered effect and flicked it off a paint brush

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1960-flipper-silver-spatter?tu=1974DeltaQueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.