(Topic ID: 103842)

1959 Williams Sea Wolf - Service Manual & Parts Catalog?

By mima

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Run_Silent_Run_Deep-795335581-large.jpg
Hi_Straight.jpg
DancingDolls_no_cab.jpg
SpotPool_No_bb.jpg
INSIDE14.JPG
INSIDE13.JPG
INSIDE11.JPG
INSIDE12.JPG
INSIDE10.JPG
INSIDE9.JPG
INSIDE7.JPG
INSIDE6.JPG
INSIDE8.JPG
INSIDE5.JPG
INSIDE3.JPG
INSIDE4.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently did a barn find (?!?) a dead beat 1959 Williams Sea Wolf, it would be a fine challenge to resurrect it from the dead.... How ever EM games are a first for me, and I am now searching high and low for any schematics, Operating Instructions and Parts Catalog.

Help!

I know that there are less than nothing in value in that pin in its current condition and it will be close to nothing in playable condition, but heck, a hobby is a hobby, right?

Any of you EM gurus out there to the rescue?

cheers
/micael

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Links on this page for the schematics at arcarc.xmission:
http://www.coinopspace.com/forum/topics/midway-sea-wolf-manual
KLOV has a forum devoted to the topic, make an account login to join:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=201269

Thanks, but it is the 1959 Williams pinball and not the 70´s Midway arcade

Cheers
/Micael

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This is the Williams pinball machine Sea Wolf, and not the arcade game, right?
A copy of the schematic can be purchase from Pinball Resource (pbresource.com), along with lots of any common parts.
But Sea Wolf is a very collectible game, and likely worth a fair amount more than nothing. Post some pics of it!

Thanks for valuable information, I have thrown them a mail to see if they carry any documentation for Sea Wolf.

Any help on this project is HIGHLY appreciated!

It is a real carcass that i have found, thats been standing out in a could barn for the past 20+ years.
The back glass looks 'fairly ok' tough and the play field looks like it has taken the rough years with dignity, by a first glance, but that's about.

I also found one other game plus a top for a third and a cab for a forth. But the Sea Wolf looks to have the best chance to come a live again, a slim one tough :/

I'll post some pics to scare you of the shape it is in...

Cheers
/Micael

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Steve_B:

Actually, this is a fairly collectible pin. Has a disappearing pop bumper, only 1 of 2 games with that feature (see IPDB link for details).
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=sea+wolf&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2088
Recently completed a restoration of this game. New back glass was available and installed. Cabinet was in nice condition and needed only a few touch ups. Playfield was in good condition, needed minor touch ups, then was clear coated. Metal parts were polished or nickel plated. Oak woodwork was stripped, stained, then protected with satin polyurethane. Legs were sanded then repainted red. A few new parts installed from Pinball Resource. Game now looks and plays great.
May still have some documents. Send me your email and I'll contact you directly.
Steve

Great! Thanks for the support. PM sent.
I truly hope that I have the skills needed to resurrect this one...

Cheers
/Micael

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Sea Wolf drooooool Any Photos?

Thanks for the drooling, it might clean some crap out of the pin

I'll post some pics, and it is not cool at the moment, any sane person would probably have
tossed this one in the bin, but i kind of fell in love with it at first glance... I sure hope it´s
not in vain.

Cheers
/Micael

#11 9 years ago

As requested, first impression images of the wolfie....

Cab

Cab_Left.jpgCab_Left.jpg
Cab_Right.jpgCab_Right.jpg
Cab_Back.jpgCab_Back.jpg
Cab_Front.jpgCab_Front.jpg

#12 9 years ago

And here is the BackBox

BackBox_Front1.jpgBackBox_Front1.jpg
BackBox_Front2.jpgBackBox_Front2.jpg
BackBox_Front3.jpgBackBox_Front3.jpg
BackBox_Left.jpgBackBox_Left.jpg
BackBox_Right.jpgBackBox_Right.jpg
BackBox_Front4.jpgBackBox_Front4.jpg
BackBox_Back.jpgBackBox_Back.jpg
BackBox_Front.jpgBackBox_Front.jpg

#13 9 years ago

And the playfield....

PF2.JPGPF2.JPG
PF3.JPGPF3.JPG
PF1.JPGPF1.JPG
PF4.JPGPF4.JPG
PF5.JPGPF5.JPG
PF.jpgPF.jpg

#14 9 years ago

And a look into the guts...

INSIDE.JPGINSIDE.JPG
INSIDE2.JPGINSIDE2.JPG
INSIDE1.JPGINSIDE1.JPG
INSIDE4.JPGINSIDE4.JPG
INSIDE3.JPGINSIDE3.JPG
INSIDE5.JPGINSIDE5.JPG
INSIDE8.JPGINSIDE8.JPG
INSIDE6.JPGINSIDE6.JPG
INSIDE7.JPGINSIDE7.JPG
INSIDE9.JPGINSIDE9.JPG
INSIDE10.JPGINSIDE10.JPG
INSIDE12.JPGINSIDE12.JPG
INSIDE11.JPGINSIDE11.JPG
INSIDE13.JPGINSIDE13.JPG
INSIDE14.JPGINSIDE14.JPG

#15 9 years ago

And finally the other Barn 'finds'

1960 - Keeney - Hi Straight
Hi_Straight.jpgHi_Straight.jpg

1959 - Williams - Spot-Pool [Cab Only]
SpotPool_No_bb.jpgSpotPool_No_bb.jpg

1960 - Gottlieb - Dancing Dolls [BackBox only]
DancingDolls_no_cab.jpgDancingDolls_no_cab.jpg

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Steve_B:

Playfield doesn't look too bad, definitely restorable with some effort. All the plastics seem to be there. Inner components can be cleaned up, or new ones like coils and plungers can be ordered from PBR. You should consider removing all the components from the playfield in order to give it a thorough cleaning, then you can determine how much touch up is needed (don't use Novus or other wax if you are going to clear coat the playfield later). The disappearing pop bumper mechanism is a bit complicated so be sure to take a lot of pictures if you completely disassemble it (and don't loose the small round spacers! ).
If this is your first EM project, I would suggest first starting with the components in the lower cabinet. Be sure to mark all the 'home' positions on the steppers before you disassemble them for cleaning (looks like they are marked in red from one of the photos). I'll get back to you if I locate any documents.
Steve

Thanks for the support, and it is truly my first EM project. Do not know silch about EM machines, but I got to learn sooner or later, right!? Crossing my fingers that you find your documents (and that you are willing to give me some of your time to look for them)

cheers
/micael

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1959-williams-sea-wolf-service-manual-parts-catalog?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.