Robert

#2 8 years ago

Maybe it's Piperpinball?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

ebay.com link
"my grandfather got this new' Come on!
Robert

It looks amazing! Universe in that condition is rare!

Marcus

#4 8 years ago

Link removed, but I have seen another Universe that was like brand new.

#5 8 years ago

Man the game itself looks rather fun, although the condition makes it a bit hard to believe HUO (although it is fairly nice overall).

#6 8 years ago

We recently restored a Gottlieb UNIVERSE:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.909281475778649.1073741873.158963444143793&type=3

Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
www.pinballmania.com
www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

We recently restored a Gottlieb UNIVERSE:

That doesn't look ANYTHING like the beauty you sent me. It is still in good hands and won't be leaving his place until it comes back to mine.

#8 8 years ago

I remember a HUO Universe years ago that went from Indiana to Arizona if I am not mistaken, it looked wonderful!

Brad

#9 8 years ago

This is more like it-

353695-i.jpg353695-i.jpg
353696-i.jpg353696-i.jpg

#10 8 years ago

[error]

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

Looking at the space between the flippers and this thing looks like a real drain monster no?

Not really. Looks can be decieving. A lot of nudging and the ball will bounce across the rubbers on those lane guides. I think it is one of the funnest games to play of the late 50s. A friend and I sort of trade games back and forth so he has it now. I may be going to get another from him tonite.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

"my grandfather got this new' Come on!

It does look nice.
The Grandfather, did he own an Arcade? There is a label on the score card. That looks newer than the game.

#13 8 years ago

Well, maybe that is the card of the company who attended the maintenance of this machine during its life ...

#14 8 years ago
#15 8 years ago

I will add that I am simply amazed at the attention to detail Robert puts into every machine he does. And I am not alone.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Well, maybe that is the card of the company who attended the maintenance of this machine during its life ...

This could be a possibility. Repairs would have been needed at some time.

#17 8 years ago

On this FIREBALL, there are no doubts that it was "home use only"
ebay.com link: BALLY FIREBALL PINBALL MACHINE 1976 VINTAGE HOME USE ONLY HUO PROJECT GAME SS

I'm tired to see pinball machines listed as "HUO" that never can qualify for this condition, and this was basically the reason of my initial post.

Robert

#18 8 years ago

Well, that Fireball was HUO, unless it spent time in the local VFW....LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1959-pinball-machine-home-use-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.