Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dancing Dolls M relay (resized).jpg
image-14 (resized).png
image-20 (resized).png
image-17 (resized).png
image-18 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I’m not familiar with the particular machine, but it’s possible that when the 10k stepper steps from 90k to 0k during the startup sequence, it is not engaging the 100k stepper so that it steps up from its negative 1 position to its zero position. During the startup sequence, usually the circuit to the 10k stepper goes through a switch on the motor and a connection that is made when the 100k stepper is at its negative 1 position. Good luck!

#6 3 years ago

Yeah, based on the video, it looks like the M relay doesn't fire for a bit and then when it does, the 10k stepper stops stepping.

The circuit to the M relay is usually completed through a switch on the back side of the 10k stepper that closes as the drive arm (i.e., the big, metal arm towards the bottom back of the stepper that pivots to cause the stepper to step up) moves when the 10k stepper coil engages. I've had a few cases in which a poorly gapped or dirty switch prevented the M relay from firing consistently and resulted in the situation you have.

You should be able to peer behind the bottom lower left of the 10k stepper to inspect this switch (or just loosen the two bottom support screws and remove the top one so that you can remove the entire stepper to check out its back side). If I remember right, there's one NC switch that opens (and opens the circuit that keeps the N relay engaged) and one NO switch that closes when the drive arm moves (to complete the circuit to the M relay--this is the one that might be causing your problems).

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
1,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1959-gottlieb-startup-looping?tu=tfduda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.