(Topic ID: 138329)

1959 Gottlieb Hi-Diver points added at end of game

By ElkhartPinball

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElkhartPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a 1959 Gottlieb Hi-Diver, everything plays perfect until when the last ball drains, the diver resets and completes the dive and goes to the next home position, the problem (I think) is, as is resets back to the next home position it also racks up 10,000 points for every step the diver needs to step to get back to home. Is this right, or wrong?
I have looked at the schematics, and it looks like it is supposed to do this, but to me it does not seem right, if you just move the diver just 1 position off home, you would get a lot points at the end of game, if you moved the diver almost all the way around to the next home position you will get a lot less points at the end of the game.
If it is wrong should I be looking at to get fix it?
Thanks for any help.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Not real sharp on Gottliebs, but, have you chked the ball count unit?

Yes the game goes to game over when done resetting the diver.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I believe your machine is working correctly. Mine acts the same with the addition of points while stepping forward into position after ball 5. And yes, sometimes a lot of points and sometimes not a lot of points, depending on position.

Thank you presqueile1 for taking the time to verify that my game is working correctly.
John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElkhartPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1959-gottlieb-hi-diver-points-added-at-end-of-game?tu=ElkhartPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.