New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 282041)

1958 williams delux pitch and bat.

By arcadekid-51

9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FCCED6B5-CEEB-4984-A894-25DEA8577E14_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    85791FA1-AABA-4480-A9E3-4B9A3A5D800A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    44D546B7-E75B-478B-A95B-0EB4F27AD036_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    Deluxe Pinch Hitter Hi Score Impulse relay (resized).jpg
    4996F350-1B89-408D-A13A-44CF7D7B8C3F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#1 9 days ago

Hey guys was hoping you can help me figure out the Previous High Score .It does nothing ,i can manually add points thru the high score relay in the back box and reset to 20 with the manual switch in the back. All the score reels seem ok as they move when i add points manually. It seems all the relays are not getting a signal to energize . If i manually energize both the high score reset relays in bottom of cabinet and manually hit game over relay the high score reels reset to 20 . thanks, jeff. almost done.

4996F350-1B89-408D-A13A-44CF7D7B8C3F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #2 9 days ago

Unless you can post a schematic for your game we'll have to use one for Deluxe Pinch Hitter from IPDB.org which might be similar:
    Deluxe Pinch Hitter Hi Score Impulse relay (resized).jpg
    I think the Hi Score Impulse relay (bottom right in red) should fire on this game to advance the high score score reels. For that to happen a path needs to be completed through one switch on the Run Unit and through the three step switches in red.

At the top of the schematic the Hi Score 10 point score reel disc has four positions. Position 1 does nothing. Position 2 (20+ runs) selects a set of 10 contacts on the Run Unit disc. Position 3 (30+ runs) selects the next 10 contacts, etc.

The Run Unit disc has 10 pairs contacts wired together. So for example the contact for 21 runs is wired to the contact for 31 runs, and it's the Hi Score 10 point score reel above that selects between the two.

Below that the Hi Score 1 run score reel selects one of the 10 pairs of contacts from the Run Unit disc.

So for example if the High Score reels show 20 runs and the player has scored 20 runs the path in red should be complete. When a run is scored the Run Unit switch should close which should fire the High Score Impulse relay which should advance the High Score 1 runs score reel.

If you're lucky the Run Unit switch needs to be cleaned or adjusted. If not you'll need to trace through the three steppers.

/Mark

#3 9 days ago

hey mark can you tell me the location of the Run Unit switch ??

#4 9 days ago

It might be between 3rd base and home plate on the Man Running Unit.

#5 9 days ago

Ok ill check it out thanks , jeff . Also i'm not sure if it has anything to do with it but the game over B coil is reading OL ,even after i isolated it . So i will be replacing it soon .

#6 7 days ago

Still having problems with the Previous High ,maybe you can see something ,thanks jeff

85791FA1-AABA-4480-A9E3-4B9A3A5D800A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg44D546B7-E75B-478B-A95B-0EB4F27AD036_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #7 7 days ago

I tried cleaning the switchs ,nothing ,it seems as though the HS relay is not getting the signal to fire . I also checked to see if the eos switch is closing when the run unit scores a run ,it does close but doesent fire the HS relay.???????

#8 7 days ago

hey guys i found the schematic and when the Previous High Score is 20 and I score 21 the EOS switch is closing but sending no signal to HS relay to advance the score reel .Its weird that i can get the EOS switch to fire by touching the bottom part of the blade to the run unit body,then the score reel advance, very confusing for a newbe. Can you advise me of the next step thanks, jeff

FCCED6B5-CEEB-4984-A894-25DEA8577E14_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #9 7 days ago

How does your schematic compare to the one I posted earlier? From the small piece you show it looks about the same.

Next questions to answer include:
    - Are you checking the right EOS switch? Do the colors on the schematic match the colors of the switch you checked?
    - Can the EOS switch actually conduct electricity when it's closed? If the contacts are dirty it won't matter if it's open or closed. Use a meter to see if there's an electrical path through the switch when it's closed.
    - Is there a path through each of the other three units? If the High Score reels show 20 and the Runs Scored show 20 for example, there should be almost no resistance along the path highlighted in red, from the EOS switch to the power rail on the left side of the schematic. In other words there should be almost no resistance from the 78-1 wire trhough the 62-1 wire and the 54 wire to the common (yellow?) power rail wire. There should be a key on your schematic to tell you what colors the numbers represent.

#10 6 days ago

hey Mark ,your schematic shows a run unit switch after the HS disc. my shows a EOS switch betweem the HS disc and the HS impulse relay. i believe its the same color . The EOS switch does not conduct electricity when closed, i will check with meter. I did clean the EOS switch but ill check again. It seems as though there is no path thru the switch when closed. There is 3 sets of contacs switches on the run unit ,one is run relay ,it works, next is middle contac says HS relay thats dead. third set of contacs is replay and that works. I tried to take pic of the EOS above on the run unit. I will try to follow path , i will post my results on this thread so i dont get lost,lol , thanks jeff

#11 5 days ago

Hey Mark ,still working on the Previous High Score problem, i think my biggest problem is how to locate the switches or relays from the schematic to the game itself. Is there a trick to matching the part on schematic to where on the game it is . I cannot read schematics so maybe you can id some parts thru pics that may play a part of the problem ?? Thanks Jeff

#12 5 days ago

There's rarely information available about where to find switches in a game.

What switches are you looking for? There's only one switch in the path highlighted in reply #2. The rest of the path goes through step units or score reels which drag a wiper across a series of contacts on a board as it rotates. On the schematic each box made of dashed lines is a step unit or score reel and the circles inside the boxes represent the contacts on that unit. A wiper should only touch one contact at a time so each step would complete a different path through a different contact.

You need to work your way through the stepper and score reels because that's likely where the problem is. Somewhere a wiper is probably not making good contact with a contact or a wire has come loose.

Start with the simplest one, the 10s digit high score reel at the top of the schematic in reply #2 labeled "Hi Score 10 D.U. Disc". The unlabeled wire that comes in from the top left corner is yellow (or 30) and comes in from the transformer. When the score reel shows 1 (for 10 runs) there should be no path through the score reel. When it shows 2 (for 20 runs) there should be a low resistance electrical path from the 30/yellow wire to the 54/white-green wire (highlighted in red). All of the wires are probably soldered to the side of the score reel. Use your meter to convince yourself that there is little to no resistance between 30/yellow and 54/green-white when the score reel shows a 2. Then step to 30 runs and see if yellow connects to the 57/white-orange wire and then step to 40 runs and see if 30/yellow connects to 59/white-grey.

Once you can see the path through this score reel open and close and understand what's going on, try the experiment in reply #9.

If talking through it might help more consider this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-em-pinball-online-repair-clinic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.50
    $ 25.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside