IMG_9038 (resized).jpg
IMG_9037 (resized).jpg
IMG_9036 (resized).jpg
IMG_8927 (resized).jpg
IMG_8926 (resized).jpg
IMG_8928 (resized).jpg
IMG_8671 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am trying to replace the coil bracket on a 1957 Williams Baseball bank relay reset.

It looks like the original one is welded in place.

This is mounted on the back door, so I am working on a piece of wood that is hinged.

I have tried drilling out the original holes, then hitting between the pieces in the hope that the original weld would break. No luck so far.

I think the only option is to give up and put the original hack back in. Or take all the relays off, and take the mech someplace where they can remove the weld.

Any other suggestions?

IMG_8671 (resized).jpgIMG_8671 (resized).jpgIMG_8926 (resized).jpgIMG_8926 (resized).jpgIMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8927 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpgIMG_8928 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

I got some great help from a new pinball friend who saw this post on here. Not sure if he wants me to mention his name or not, but he saved my bacon.

He sent me a replacement part that I was then able to attach to the wood. That was easier said than done because if the screw hole was off by a fraction, the mech would bind. Plus the relay bank was in the way to get access to the wood. I had to partially disassemble it.

It is not pretty, but it is a lot better than what I started out with.

IMG_9036 (resized).jpgIMG_9036 (resized).jpgIMG_9037 (resized).jpgIMG_9037 (resized).jpgIMG_9038 (resized).jpgIMG_9038 (resized).jpgIMG_9039 (resized).jpgIMG_9039 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1957-williams-baseball-relay-bank-reset-coil-bracket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.