2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211115_130628 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 4.41.08 PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 1955 Williams King Of Swat pitch and bat, my first Williams game. It is functional but has a weak bat – the best hit ball will clear one of the three silver playfield home run ramps, but just barely, and it’s rare that I can even make ball contact with the lower edge of the home run fence. A home run shot is impossible, so my first instinct is to remove the bat unit from the playfield underside and clean and inspect all parts.
Am I right in thinking that I need to remove the two roll pins (marked in the photo) and then pull the shaft through the playfield from the playfield underside? I’ve never seen roll pins used on a playfield, so I could use the advice of anyone who has removed the bat. The only roll pin I’ve removed has been on a Bally bingo mixer shaft, and that took a lot more force than I think would be wise on the playfield. Thanks![quoted image]

Yes. You do. I put a layer of tape on the playfield surface underneath where I would strike the pins. Use the proper punch to knockout the pins. They only go one way which is the opposite how they go in, as the pounding mushrooms the end.

If you have trouble making them move use a dremel with a small stone tool to gently grind the pin exit end and they pop out.

#4 2 years ago

Clumsy fingers post.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 1955 Williams King Of Swat pitch and bat, my first Williams game. It is functional but has a weak bat – the best hit ball will clear one of the three silver playfield home run ramps, but just barely, and it’s rare that I can even make ball contact with the lower edge of the home run fence. A home run shot is impossible, so my first instinct is to remove the bat unit from the playfield underside and clean and inspect all parts.
Am I right in thinking that I need to remove the two roll pins (marked in the photo) and then pull the shaft through the playfield from the playfield underside? I’ve never seen roll pins used on a playfield, so I could use the advice of anyone who has removed the bat. The only roll pin I’ve removed has been on a Bally bingo mixer shaft, and that took a lot more force than I think would be wise on the playfield. Thanks![quoted image]

The bat does not look original. It may be the angle, is it metal and including the outer rubber about 1/4” thick?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1955-williams-king-of-swat-troubleshooting-a-weak-bat?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.