Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

King of Swat motor switches (resized).jpg
Williams Score Motor switch nomenclature (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.53.26 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Can someone help me understand the schematic symbol to the left of the red dot in the following snippet? I believe it’s a reference to the Relay Motor Unit. It’s a little hard to read but there is a “C” to the left of the circle, an “A” inside the circle, and a “4” to the right. The game has a carry-over feature that advances a lit arrow under each game title letter whenever the player makes a grand-slam. Advancing the lit arrow to the final letter (T in SWAT) should award 5 replays. I’ve traced the circuit that I believe awards the 5 credits (from green dot to red dot), but I’m not understanding what Williams is communicating with the motor reference. Thanks for helping.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.53.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.53.26 PM (resized).png
#6 2 years ago

Mark - Thanks for taking the time to read through the King Of Swat schematic and share your knowledge. The KoS schematic is pretty bare bones, with none of the documentation of switch functions or even wire colors seen in the Golden Bells schematic, so I appreciate the information. The relay (score) motor does have paper tags that describe the purpose of each switch on the six switch mounting posts arrayed around the cams. You were correct about the motor having a vertical shaft; it also has three cams. Curiously, the paper tag on one of the switch posts fails to mention one of its three switches, while a paper tag on a different switch post describes two switches, when only one is present. I'm going to have some fun with this. From my googling, I suspect that Williams did not publish a user manual for individual games describing the purpose of each switch.

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for confirming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1955-williams-king-of-swat-schematic-questions?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.