17 days ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0741 (resized).JPG
    Annotation 2019-11-05 111353 (resized).jpg

#1 17 days ago

1955 United Super Slugger, at auction Tuesday Nov 5, 2019, 3PM CST, Chicago, http://www.DirectAuction.com

Annotation 2019-11-05 111353 (resized).jpg
    #2 17 days ago

I would absolutely love to have one of these.
    Terrific arcade era piece.

#3 17 days ago

Yup, they're known as the Cadillac of the P&B Baseball machines..
    Wonder what she went for..

#4 17 days ago

I have one. Big sucker!! Shes down right now. It's a lot of fun to play

#5 17 days ago

Great game...love mine!

#6 16 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yup, they're known as the Cadillac of the P&B Baseball machines..
    Wonder what she went for..

It says
    "Price Realized $1250USD"
    Very reasonable I'd say.

#7 16 days ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

It says
    Very reasonable I'd say.

I tried to bid - couldn't figure it out online.. gave up... I have one but Christ $ 1250 is a STEAL - I wouldn't sell mine for $ 7,500... The term Cadillac of pitch and bats is what I use ! It's got everything !!! Someone won the lottery on this one.

#8 16 days ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

It says
    Very reasonable I'd say.

I'd compare that to maybe paying $12,500 for a brand new 2020 Cadillac..
    I traveled one state over to pay $3,000 for mine, and was extremely pleased..
    Funny story how I found that one, and glad I had..

IMG_0741 (resized).JPG
    #9 15 days ago

I have New Reproduction backglasses for the Star Slugger if anyone is interested. They sell for 245.00 plus freight. backglassreprints@yahoo.com
    I have lots of other Rare Baseball glasses to. Email me with your wants, Gary 360-473-7104

#10 15 days ago

I would sell mine for 7k. That’s what I have into it, with a professional cosmetic restoration.

#11 14 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I'd compare that to maybe paying $12,500 for a brand new 2020 Cadillac..
    I traveled one state over to pay $3,000 for mine, and was extremely pleased..
    Funny story how I found that one, and glad I had..[quoted image]

But, yours is the superior and more scarce version, with adjustable 1 to 3 innings, other improved features and more appealing art package: 1956 Star Slugger.

The auctioned game was United's 1955 Super Slugger. . .still among the best pitch & bat games, just significantly less desirable than its progeny.

#12 14 days ago

Bruce is absolutely right, Star Slugger is the more desirble of the two games. The load the bases feature by sinking a ball in one the holes behind the three ramps is an absolute game changer when followed by a shot to the Upper Deck. It's most fun when 2 players are battling back and forth for three innings. I've had mine for a couple of years now and never tire of playing it. It and my ball bowler are the first games guests want to play.

#13 14 days ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

1956 Star Slugger.

Yes, I have Star Slugger, but I'm pretty certain it's a 1955. "Star Super Slugger might be the 1956.
    I knew some had only 1 inning, but hadn't known not all had the 3 singles hole behind each ramp.
    Are you sure the innings are adjustable on Star Slugger. I can't remember, but either way, I'd always
    have it set for a 3 inning game..

#14 14 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yes, I have Star Slugger, but I'm pretty certain it's a 1955. "Star Super Slugger might be the 1956.
    I knew some had only 1 inning, but hadn't known not all had the 3 singles hole behind each ramp.
    Are you sure the innings are adjustable on Star Slugger. I can't remember, but either way, I'd always
    have it set for a 3 inning game..

There are indeed 3 versions. The Star Super Slugger name makes matters needlessly confusing. However, that version is identical to 1956 Star Slugger in terms of gameplay features, the playfield is identical and the backglass is very similar. That version is the novelty version of Star Slugger, lacking Star Slugger's replay feature. Star Slugger and Star Super Slugger both have the 1, 2 or 3 inning adjustable feature, which is the most important refinement.

1955 Deluxe Super Slugger, the earliest iteration, is the version with only a single inning. It also lacks the really cool "load-the-bases" targets and other scoring variations. The nice cabinet graphics are identical. However, the playfield and backglass art are markedly inferior. The playfield art is angular and less sophisticated. The backglass's green palette is pale compared to the deep green of Star Slugger.

Also, the Deluxe Super Slugger version is less scarce. These are the reasons that Star Slugger fetches 3 to 5 times more among collectors.

All versions are fantastic. Naturally, many collectors want the best version and are willing to pay considerably more. I have owned both versions and was very pleased to have upgraded to Star Slugger.

#15 13 days ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

These are the reasons that Star Slugger fetches 3 to 5 times more among collectors.

I did do some cosmetic work (spent quite some time) but was fortunate to get one in the condition that it was/is in..
    The machine was in the Gentleman's basement since 1960, and didn't move an inch. It was taller than the bottom
    of the floor joyces (how do you spell joyces?) and the head was squeezed half way up between two joyces. We had
    to take the two rear legs off first, un-squeeze the head from the joyces, set the rear of the machine on a lower chair,
    then take off the head..
    Note: Was very careful throughout this procedure. That may be the only head of an Arcade piece that is all the weight
    of a Bingo head, and I'm thinking heavier..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9,500.00
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 18.99
    $ 27.99
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 87.00
    $ 239.00
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 209.99
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 8.95
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside