GQ backdoor (resized).jpg
GQ left side after  (resized).jpg
GQ side after (resized).jpg
GQ coin door after (resized).jpg
GQ door before (resized).jpg
GQ before2 (resized).jpg
GQ side before1 (resized).jpg
GQ in line up (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Enclosing some pix and a video of a challenging 5 ball game. I’m partial to the early ‘50s woodrails, especially the Neyens/Parker games.

This game was found in an attic during a moving sale. The owners said they had the game for over 50 years and they took it with them from location to location. They are downsizing and wanted the game out and knowing fully well it needed work, it was quite the bargain.

The challenge on this game was restoring a particularly bad cabinet and the cosmetic objective was to keep the cabinet as original looking as possible. A shout out to Kevin at Preservation Pinball and Paint (https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1181-preservation-pinball) who has been refining his technique of repainting, but doing so in a way as to preserve the original patina and finish. A few before and after pix to show the condition as found and the finished work that makes it look like a nicely preserved 63 year old machine as opposed to a freshly painted one. Back door to the head was missing, and Kevin cut and painted a board to fit.

I needed the assistance of Russ at Pinrescue for a shopping and to help with the mechanicals and to free up the steppers as the game hadn’t been played in years.

New glass was easily available through Shay, and new plastics from Pinball Rescue really needed to be put on as the originals were quite toasty. Playfield paint shined up nicely, just a few blemishes from wear and has original pop bumper caps and schematic.

Game is fun and the objective is to go through rollovers and spot 4 cards in a vertical or horizontal line on the backglass lights. They will light the lower gobble hole for replays. The more horizontal or vertical hands you make, the more replays you will get.

GQ in line up (resized).jpgGQ in line up (resized).jpg

GQ side before1 (resized).jpgGQ side before1 (resized).jpg

GQ before2 (resized).jpgGQ before2 (resized).jpg

GQ door before (resized).jpgGQ door before (resized).jpg

GQ coin door after (resized).jpgGQ coin door after (resized).jpg

GQ side after (resized).jpgGQ side after (resized).jpg

GQ left side after  (resized).jpgGQ left side after (resized).jpg

GQ backdoor (resized).jpgGQ backdoor (resized).jpg

GQ glass (resized).jpgGQ glass (resized).jpg

GQ head (resized).jpgGQ head (resized).jpg

GQ upper playfield (resized).jpgGQ upper playfield (resized).jpg

GQ lower playfield (resized).jpgGQ lower playfield (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jsf24:

It's hard to tell in the pictures if your score/instruction cards are nice copies or not. If not PM me I have nice ones for you. As usual gorgeous game. I always look forward to your new post as I to am partial to the early 50's woodrails.

Hi,
The score cards are my home made attempt on manila paper. PM sent...thank you for the offer for nice ones.
Joel

Gypsy Queen score card (resized).jpgGypsy Queen score card (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1955-gottlieb-gypsy-queen?tu=oldcarz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.