View topic image gallery

5085.jpg
5087.jpg
5086.jpg
5080-321.jpg
5078.jpg
5077.jpg
5079.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treasurecove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Sometimes, after restoring 8 million (seems like it anyway) 1990's Bally/Williams, one needs to do something different for a change.

We found a Hawaiian Beauty (ruff shape ... ahem) and decided to restore it.

After many, many hours, the cabinet painting is just about done. When we got it, the cabinet had been completely painted solid red, but it was done in acryllic,... so we were able to remove it, and expose the outlines of the original artwork. Anyway, here's a few photos:

5077.jpg5077.jpg

5078.jpg5078.jpg

5079.jpg5079.jpg

5080-321.jpg5080-321.jpg

Now on to refinishing the wood trim.
We've already finished with the playfield, ... touchups and clear.

Once we've finished with the game, I'll prolly put it up on eBay, but if anyone is interested, by all means, drop me an email.

thanks
Allen
TreasureCove

Here's a few playfield photos:

5085.jpg5085.jpg

5086.jpg5086.jpg

5087.jpg5087.jpg

#9 10 years ago

thanks guys! All of the other assemblies are in various stages, so no more photos for now. THe hard work is done, so maybe in a few weeks we'll have her ready for "Show n Tell"!!!

Allen

#13 10 years ago

Hey man, thanks for the advice,...

The clearcoat is the normal stuff, and I scanned and made reverse vinyl decals to make stencils for the paint,.. but no, I couldn't reproduce the overspray on the cab. Considering what it looked like when we got it, .. We consider ourselves lucky to have gotten it this good,.. but perfect reproduction?,, ... far from it.
We're proud of it though, and like how nice it looks now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treasurecove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1954-hawaiian-beauty-woodrail?tu=treasurecove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.