• 22 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rvcullen
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cab-big_time-1 (resized).jpg (©          )
20210109_181536 (resized).jpg
20210109_181442 (resized).jpg
20210109_181412 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from rvcullen:

When I first power up the game, both motors are running, and if there is any credits on the meter, it properly resets to zero. The motors stay running even with no coins (not sure if that is right or not).

Yes, if the timer unit is reset, the game has to step it up to max position (40) then throw the tilt trip to disable the motors. That's normal.

Quoted from rvcullen:

Could someone maybe fill me in on what to expect when I power this game up, especially if the motors should turn off until I put in money, which they do not now? If i tilt the game, they do shut off, and adding a coin turns it back on.

Sounds like everything is working properly with the exception of the ball lifter. I would wager it's one of these two things:

1) Dirty trough 8 switch
2) wrong size ball - bingos require 1 1/8" balls and not 1 1/16" standard pinballs. Using the wrong size ball might prevent trough 8 from being pressed, which would prevent lifting.

Trough 8 has a near-direct connection to the lifter motor, and if the lifter motor works at all, then I'd guess it's one of the two things above.

#6 3 years ago

The timer steps the first few steps as it lifts balls - once you fix that problem it will likely start working.

It steps on a psuedo-random basis after that and times out after a while (few minutes). When it times put (at step 40), it throws the tilt trip, which kills the game until the start relay is pulled in next (next coin or replay played).

In short, address the trough issue and the timer will probably start working.

In replay reset/anti-cheat inactive mode, the game will keep stepping the timer on that randomized basis even if it hasn't moved in gameplay. I think.

#8 3 years ago

I don't understand - it lifts four balls? What do you mean add a fifth one?

The extra ball stepper has to move to position 4+ to lift the first eb.

#11 3 years ago

Is this in a game or just after turning the machine back on at the power switch?

Check the lane switch (switch ball hits when it hits the shooter lane)

The trough 1 switch (that's the one the ball rests on when about to be lifted - it is actuated by a small pin and frequently gets stuck over the years from beer or other liquid poured inside)

And lastly the ball gate switch. There's a switch under the ball gate at the top of the shooter lane. This should change state pretty close to when the ball is pushing the gate open fully. A little leeway is necessary depending on speed and spin of ball as it exits, but not too much.

It's one of those three and I suspect it's likely the shooter lane switch is not working. Easy to mush it when lifting the playfield if you've not seen that arrangement.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from rvcullen:

but none of the combos I tried do anything unless I have a supercard lit.

Correct. Without the supercard qualified, nothing will score on the supercard. That's normal behavior.

Quoted from rvcullen:

The other question relates to "freeplay". Whenever I power game up, it resets registers like it should, and always raises a ball right away, and i can actually just start playing a game. Basically seems like it "loads" a credit anytime it is on, and i am sure that is not typical.

If you turn it on with no balls on the playfield, it will lift 5 balls and this is typical. Those 5 balls will not score. If they do, then your anti-cheat relay has something funny going on. That seems unlikely because replays reset. I'm betting this is also normal behavior. To test, shoot 5 balls, turn it off and then it back on. Does the game reset?

#20 3 years ago

Your photos got added to your post properly! Once you upload them, you have to click the plus sign to add them to your post. Looks like you have it all figured out.

Quoted from rvcullen:

Playing the game a bit tonight and noticed the flashing lights, when you add credits and sometimes bumps up pay or features, seem to be touch and go. Sometimes they all cycle around nicely and other times I get not lights. Anyone have a go-to spot for me to check that feed power to the spotting wheel to output to the lights? Checking around seemed pretty clean now, but I am betting i am missing some contacts somewhere.

The mixer latch relay has a switch which allows the coin flash, if I recall correctly. That's located at the top of the back door. Mixer latch is the coil that pulls in the bar to allow the mixers to turn.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1954-bally-big-time-not-starting-game-right-no-ball?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.