(Topic ID: 173266)

1953 Williams Grand Champion - Won't reset

By PinballFever

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

It was working fine when I bought it then played fine here at home for a couple games until it stopped scoring or doing anything so I unplugged and replugged the power to try to reset it but now only the backglass is lit up with TILT lit up.

The game stopped scoring and responding after a special feature lit up in the yellow rectangle on the backglass when the ball landed in the hole at top of playfield with the 4 lit up then another ball landed in the matching 4 hole in middle of the playfield.

The three fuses showed continuity with the multimeter tester. Could it be one of the stepper units? One of the tilt switches?

I have the schematic copy from PB Resource and I can post scans of it here or photos of the parts of the game you want to see. The scoring motor is apparently underneath the playfield and I see 10,000 and 100,000 steppers plus replay and point steppers in the backbox.

Thanks,
Bruce

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1953-williams-grand-champion-wont-reset?tu=PinballFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.