Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3466_(resized).JPG
IMG_3456_(resized).JPG
IMG_3455_(resized).JPG
IMG_3454_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I just bought a Williams Deluxe World Series. I'm hoping I can get it running. My first question is should I clean all of the grease off of the mechanisms? My intiuition is to do that. I know that when I bought my first EM Pin "Williams Triple Strike" Cleaning the stepper units brought it back to life. Once I clean these should I grease them?

Also, this machine did not come with a bat. Any suggestions on where I can get one? What was the bat made of?

Thanks- Greg

IMG_3454_(resized).JPGIMG_3454_(resized).JPG

IMG_3455_(resized).JPGIMG_3455_(resized).JPG

IMG_3456_(resized).JPGIMG_3456_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Yeah, somebody greased the shit of that. clean and use super lube on just the parts that touch each other.

#3 7 years ago

Your bat unit is from a much younger game looks like its from the (70's Grid Iron) that had a plastic bat. You can use the Slugfest bat that Marco Specialty sells it will fit.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8516

#4 7 years ago

Thanks guys! I'll get a bat and start cleaning. I'll post what the outcome.

#5 7 years ago

Good news. A quick cleaning of the pitching mechanism has worked. The game now pitches. So, I've decided to move to the back box to clean the stepper motors. Does anyone have any idea how I can figure out what type of coils these are. See the black one on the bottom of the picture? That one just looks bad. I'd like to replace it.

Thanks
Greg

IMG_3466_(resized).JPGIMG_3466_(resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

The numbers shud be on the coil wrapper, but the schematic will tell you the numbers.
it looks like your return spring is missing, along with the spring at the top looks like it came loose???

#7 7 years ago

Unfortunately these are not labeled but color coded, So I have no idea what use. If anyone has any ideas, I would be appreciated!

I also bought a bat but I'm not sure what type of retainer would be used to hold the bat on. I'll do some reading to see how the new models hold their bats on, but again, if anyone has experiance with it. I would love to see or hear how its done.

#8 7 years ago

I'll be home in 2 weeks and I'll check mine. Your coils should be good.

You can use the schematic from the 51 world series and as far as I can tell it's the same.

There's a coil conversion chart on flippers.com that will tell you what a replacement would be. Mine was also sized with grease and has a newer bat mech

Here's my thread for reference
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batter-up-1954-williams-deluxe-world-series#

--Jeff

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from skrapg:

....I also bought a bat but I'm not sure what type of retainer would be used to hold the bat on. I'll do some reading to see how the new models hold their bats on, but again, if anyone has experiance with it. I would love to see or hear how its done.

You will find your answers in this excellent link where we discuss how to convert a batting unit using slugfest available parts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-your-1957-c-5161-batter-unit-assembly-with-a-slugfest-bat#post-1883604

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Jeff. I'm still pretty new at working n pins and I'm a bit over my head, but reading your thread gave me the confidence to buy this. I'm hoping I havent bitten off more than I can chew. I have had success with my two other pins by simply cleaning the steppers and switches. Where did you get your 51 schematic?

Thanks Steve for the help with the bat unit. I'm guessing I will have to upgrade mine, to be able to mount the bat. Hopefully I get some time in the next week to keep working on it.

Greg

#11 7 years ago

I think I got it from Jeff wager. It took me a couple of shots to get one that matched. If you can wait a week or so I can get you an electronic version

-Jeff

#12 7 years ago

Gee Jeff, That would be great. I'm sure that it would help me figure out a few things, like which relay is the reset relay. I know sounds easy, but sometimes it is nice to be able to read what is supposed to be happening.

#13 7 years ago

Regarding a coil designation, for Gottlieb pinballs, it was embossed in the fiber bobbin near the solder lugs before they went to plastic bobbins and notating the coil number on the wrapper. Maybe Williams did something similar in this era.

But if that coil works I wouldn't change it out for appearance sake.

#14 7 years ago

I found them stamped on the cardboard foot of the coils on this game

-Jeff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1952-williams-deluxe-world-series and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.