• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

Game fires up and seems to be working properly. Cabinet is quite presentable and far above average - structurally sound with original paint. Wood rails and back box frame have all been refinished and are beautiful. Backglass is original, probably a 9 but some minor issues on a couple of the pool balls (Ron Webb has new repro glasses). Plastics are original and uncracked but slightly warped (Shay has repro plastic sets). Playfield is very nice as the pics show BUT a prior owner used black instead of navy blue when touching it up. Overall it presents great and I'm sure many buyers would be just fine with it as is, but picky collectors may want it changed. The playfield wood grain areas are extremely nice as are the pool balls in the center. I would deliver this to York for free on Friday.

Pics here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkoktucypM2VhGsETEfdubwg-726

#2 7 years ago

Ugh - will re-post in Marketplace - sorry about that.

#3 7 years ago

Id pick this up in a snap, but dont know anyone going to York.

Great Buy!

#4 7 years ago

Sold, thanks.

#5 7 years ago

Unfortunately folks, this never happened. This game was posted for sale both here, and on RGP. I was the first to contact Mr. Piel, and he texted me that "the game is yours", but he never delivered. He says he had the game loaded and was driving to the show, when suddenly he had to turn around due to "an unexpected turn of events". Now he doesn't want to "move the game", but this "isn't normally the way (he does) things". Apparently, he made an exception in my case! Don't do business with this chump.

#6 7 years ago

Felt a bit bad for JR. (I was there in person) I hate when a deal goes sour for whatever reason, and could tell he was pretty let down by this issue after being promised it was his.

You two are still pretty close in terms of location, maybe you could still work something out, particularly cpiel. JR is a great asset to the pinball community and it sounded like he really deserved to finally own this title, if he's still interested, of course. Sounds like he was paying your asking price as well?

Either way, I hope if you did have a legitimate emergency for backing out that everything is alright and that you and your family are okay. If not [legitimate], well...

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for your input Steven, but I severely doubt there was any legitimate emergency, otherwise he would have offered to have me pick up the game on my way home from York. I hope Mr. Piel is content that his name and reputation are equal to (X-$395).

#8 7 years ago

Until the money changes hands, I don't see that anyone owes you anything. If you were driving to his house and the story changed when you got there, maybe then, but it sounds like he changed his mind or found a buyer for more money which is totally his right. You're out how much cash now? $0? That's right. Move on and find another machine. If you wanted it that badly you should have driven to his house ASAP instead of waiting for delivery or a meet part way.

#9 7 years ago

Read the original posting. There was a pinball show in York, PA which we were all attending. He was supposed to bring it. I don't know about you, but when someone says "the game is yours", that is giving your word that you will deliver on what was promised. I hope this doesn't ever happen to you because I know you wouldn't be happy about it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Unfortunately folks, this never happened. ..... Don't do business with this chump.

Wow Joe, really? The only thing your post did was make me feel really good I did not end up selling you this game.

I've known you for what, about 10 years? We never even had a harsh word. Last time you mentioned my name on Pinside was here:
"I was at his place years ago, and he had a full blown hot dog serving station going. It was a fun night. Got a free Williams "King Pin" cabinet from him while I was there. Thanks, Cliff!".

So because I had a change of heart on this particular deal and apologized to you for it, you decide to publicly slam my name on this thread AND start a new "Bad Seller" post on AllPinball???

And by saying "this person", it would appear you never even knew me before this - unbelievable.

I honestly don't know what to say to the others reading this thread, other than I have a very solid reputation as both a buyer/seller and anyone who has ever dealt with me would readily attest to it.

Joe, I hope it was worth burning a bridge for - I would have never imagined you would do this.

#11 7 years ago

Nice work joe.

Your bad seller post was really necessary and really contributed to the hobby and pinside. Thanks for warning us all about this terrible seller.

#12 7 years ago

Let's not bury the lede here, you have a hot dog serving station? Amazing. On the plus side, you never have to share hot dogs with this guy again!

#13 7 years ago

I just received the following from someone who was at York and claims to have been "close to the situation":

"Don't sweat it Cliff, we all know you're a stand up guy. Joe was planning to flip the game at the show and he's just upset because he lost out on quick cash. Keep it or sell it to a real collector who will appreciate it because his hundreds of games are just rotting in a shed."

Who knows if the above is true, but it would (at least partially) explain the childish drama here and starting the other thread. Regardless, this was a real eye opener - unbelievable.

#14 7 years ago

JrPinball wants everyone to know the following:

------------- start message --------------------------

"The moderators and Robin were gracious enough to allow me to respond to the following posting made by “cpiel” regarding his reneging on a deal we had made for a Gottlieb “Skill Pool” machine. The thread was closed before I had a chance to reply to it.

Quote: I just received the following from someone who was at York and claims to have been "close to the situation":
"Don't sweat it Cliff, we all know you're a stand up guy. Joe was planning to flip the game at the show and he's just upset because he lost out on quick cash. Keep it or sell it to a real collector who will appreciate it because his hundreds of games are just rotting in a shed."

I had absolutely no intention of flipping the game Cliff was supposed to bring to me. I did intend to set it up for free-play in “woodrail row” at the show if it was working as he said it did. I was intending to bring this woodrail home, as well as another one I was planning to buy. At this point, I’m looking to buy woodrails, not sell them.
I don’t know who this person is who was “close to the situation”, but he obviously has contempt for me. As far as being a “real collector”, I’m not sure what that means. I have machines in storage, as do many other major collectors that I know. They are well kept, and not “rotting in a shed”. All of this is beside the point anyway. I have a love and passion for EM pinballs that I would match with anyone else in this hobby. This whole situation is regrettable and unfortunate, and could have easily been avoided if Cliff had just followed through on the deal he made with me. He never even called me to explain why he suddenly backed out, and has not replied to any messages I have sent him since.

------------- end message -------------------------

With that, both parties have had a chance to state their story.

Closing at OP request.

Marcus

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1952-skill-pool-395-free-delivery-to-york-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.