Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Wolzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 days ago

Are the 4 ball traps open or closed from the start of the game? I read somewhere that it closes when 10,000 (or 1000,00) is reached, is this correct?. Can you explain what happens with the 4 balls and lighting specials, etc. please.
Cheers WARREN from London, UK

#2 5 days ago

When the game starts up, the coil to the shuffle engages which pulls the shuffle and allows any balls stuck in the trap holes during the previous game to release. I don't have the schematic in front of me, but I believe that the circuit to the shuffle coil only opens again (i.e., the shuffle itself closes so that balls can be trapped again) when 10k is scored.

When a ball goes into a trap hole during normal play, it engages a relay that lites up one of the four women on the backglass, one of the pop bumpers, one of the inserts by one of the roll overs (bumper and roll over are same color), and one of the 100k inserts near the bottom of the playfield ("100,000 EACH LITE" inserts). The lit pop bumper and roll over now award one point when engaged via the points stepper. Non-lit pop bumpers and associated roll overs otherwise award 10k.

When all four holes are filled, a replay is awarded and the special lite near bottom of playfield is lit. If all numbers are hit and all four holes are filled, the extra special lite is lit.

What is your machine doing?

#3 5 days ago

Thanks tfduda, I am about to buy this PB but wasn't sure if it was working correctly (as far as the ball traps are concerned). Your answer is reassuring so I'm now looking forward to playing it even more. Do you know where I can get a copy of the schematic, please?

#4 5 days ago

Pinball Resource should have the schematic.

#5 5 days ago
Quoted from Wolzy:

Your answer is reassuring so I'm now looking forward to playing it even more.

This is one of my favorite Gottlieb woodrails, it's a very fun game to play. I think trap hole games are better than gobble hole games, because each trap hole can only accommodate one ball, after which the trap is effectively gone for the remainder of the game.

I also love the double set of flippers. And with the flippers in the modern position, this is a woodrail whose game play feels fairly familiar to today's players.

This game was so popular when it came out that Gottlieb re-ran it a few months later, with new artwork, as a game called "Four Stars." I've played that game also, but I prefer the artwork of Quartette.

- TimMe

#6 20 hours ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Pinball Resource should have the schematic.

I contacted them, as suggested, however, they replied stating that currently they are not shipping to the UK due to VAT requirements introduced by the UK government following Brexit on 1st Jan 2021.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 24.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 229.99
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 91.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 125.00
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 5,999.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside