You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160515_205948.jpg
QUAR3_(resized).jpg
quar_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I'm finishing up a restore of a Gottlieb Quartette (pics to follow) and am having one last PITA problem with the "Add 10,000" stepper unit coil sticking on. The machine resets fine and the stepper is not locked on. Once the W relay trips at the first points scored (thru N being activated), the stepper locks on. I suspected a stuck playfield switch, back, tab, etc. but all look good, and N isn't locking on also, so probably not that anyway. I have identified a switch on W which is energizing the coil, but I cannot find a place on the schematic where a switch on W feeds to the "Add 10,000 coil". I'm thinking a short in the wiring to that switch and a wire going to the "Add 10,000" coil, but so far can't identify any. I could use a second set (or a few more) of eyes to take a look and give an opinion.

quar_(resized).jpgquar_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

My most common issue for this is a slingshot rubber is pressing a contact a bit too close. Check all slingshots and see if any rubbers a bit tight. Had this exact issue and that was the solution from memory.

#3 7 years ago

No kickers on Quartette. Without N being locked also I'm not sure its a playfield scoring switch

QUAR3_(resized).jpgQUAR3_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Fixed... switch solder tab in the relay bank rubbed thru a jumper wire insulation

20160515_205948.jpg20160515_205948.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1952-gottlieb-quartette-10000-stepper-coil-stuck-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.