Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ita47
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

output (resized).jpg
output (resized).jpg
output (resized).jpg
output (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

A friend of mine, her dad has a 1950 Genco Mercury. It has sat unplayed for decades in her dads basement. I have not seen the machine in person just the pictures shown below. They would like me to tell them what it's worth. I know it would need a full shop job for sure. Can you guys give me some idea of what it would be worth if they decide to sell it? Any help would be much appreciated.

output (resized).jpg

output (resized).jpg

output (resized).jpg

output (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

It's pretty rough, missing paint on backglass etc.

Taking a guess at $300 - 400 max?

#3 1 year ago

That thing is pretty cool...

#4 1 year ago

Mercury, Genco,600 made.Mint con,$575.00. working with help,$400.,class 3,$200.00 - 2017 price guide!!

#5 1 year ago

Numbers are all correct, only worth more working, "restored", and retailed to a Space Collector, decorator, or sold near say a Space Center in a Tourist antique shop.

No limit to prices then, I have seen some old space Pinball at antique stores near the Kennedy Space Center with tags from $1k to 2K.....but as it sits, the numbers above ring true,

Nice Artwork and playfield,

#6 1 year ago

Thanks Art!!

#7 1 year ago

A fellow Pinsider in PA had a very nice one, but recently moved it along. I was hoping to have gotten down there to see it and play it, but alas, it's gone. He doesn't know this, but I was planning to bring a wad of cash with me just in case I had to have it!

#8 1 year ago

I got my Genco Cadillac in a similar situation. The previous owners main concern was that it be brought back to life and go to a good home. I promised to do so, he was very happy with the result and I've got a really great addition to the collection. These old Gencos are very cool and fun to play in their own special way.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks pretty complete. The plastics seem to be there, etc. It'll need a new playfield glass, rectifier, rings etc. I'd offer him $200, promise to bring it back to life and see what happens.

#9 1 year ago

Thanks guys for the help, I will pass the information along to my friend. I'm not personally interested in this machine, just not into wood rails. I'm just trying to help out. I don't know if they will end up selling it or just keeping it in the family.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside