By mark532011

5 months ago

Stats

• Started 5 months ago
  • 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by BlackCatBone

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Aug trip 084 (resized).jpg
Aug trip 179 (resized).jpg
Aug trip 083 (resized).jpg
pic2 (resized).jpg
pic1 (resized).jpg
pic3 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 5 months ago

FYI - Its not mine but I found this at a Lions Club sale in Bellingham Washington. Took a couple of pictures, it looks to be in good shape although its hard to tell. If interested, contact David at 253-380-7360 - he told me $600. I don't know if that is a firm price or a starting price. He would probably ship but he was busy and I didn't get a chance to ask him: pic2 (resized).jpgpic1 (resized).jpgpic3 (resized).jpg

#2 5 months ago

That looks like it might be in ok shape! That's a fun game.

#3 5 months ago

I keep finding old games around town here but people always want more than they are worth. Which is a shame cause this game is probably just gonna keep on sitting collecting....well....heads.
    Ill see if Steve is interested. He is about the only local EM head I know up here.

#4 5 months ago

Does anyone know how many pieces this game breaks into? How much would each piece weigh? Is the service board that pulls out of the front of the cabinet removable? The horse race games always look to me like they weigh twice as much as a bingo.

Thanks.

#5 5 months ago

Yes, I just moved a Turf King at the beginning of this year - you can remove the head, the playfield glass, siderails and lockdown bar are one piece and come off, then playfield is removeable, and the inside board slides all the way out. Do this and the cabinet itself is pretty easy to move.

The glass/siderail/lockbar weighs about 50ish lbs, and the playfield 25 or so. The bottom board weighs about a hundred. You can do it by yourself, but I would suggest having a friend, just to make it easier to move that board.

I disassembled the game, then put all the components back in (except the head) to move it in a truck. Disassembled at my house, then reassembled in my garage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1950-bally-turf-king-one-ball-horse-race-game

#6 5 months ago

Great information! Thank you so much. Looks like you had a lot of fun doing your family project.

#7 5 months ago

We did, thanks! I'm pretty proud of my daughter.

#8 5 months ago

I had a real nice working Turf King in my collection. The Bally horse race themed one ball games like Turf King were made in the late 1940's. I liked playing it and if I had the space for it, I would have keep it.

In 1951 Bally started manufacturing Bingo pinball machines and use almost all the parts internally from the one ball horse race games. I sold mine for $350 and it played perfect and look great too. Very nice looker and cool player.

Aug trip 083 (resized).jpg

#9 5 months ago

Could you please tell me the maximum height of the cabinet from the floor? That would be the height after the head, side rails, and glass have been removed. I'm wondering if I could load the cabinet into my RAV4, placing it on its side. (The cabinet, not the car.) I'm assuming it would be something in the range of 41", a typical bingo height.

I'm three hours away from the seller and wondering how I can get the game home.

Thanks.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I had a real nice working Turf King in my collection.

Vic - Did you have six horse race games at one time? That is an awesome collection! I love the way a row of games gives me that jangly feeling, just like walking into an arcade fifty years ago.

#11 5 months ago

I'll see if I can measure tonight! The 'legs' are not removable, so it'll likely be a tight fit in a RAV-4 - might be doable, tho.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Vic - Did you have six horse race games at one time? That is an awesome collection! I love the way a row of games gives me that jangly feeling, just like walking into an arcade fifty years ago.

I had a pair Turf Kings and made a good one out of the two. The picture of the "six pack" of Turf Kings is from a friends coin op business in PA about 15 years ago. I think the lot of them went over seas with a boat load of bingos.

#13 5 months ago

I measure a hair over 57" for the cab alone. That's with levelers on, so you may save about an inch.

#14 5 months ago

Here's a couple more Bally One Ball Horse Race games while we are on the subject,

Aug trip 179 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 084 (resized).jpg

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I measure a hair over 57" for the cab alone. That's with levelers on, so you may save about an inch.

Thanks again for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 989.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Pinball Plating and More
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 209.99
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.95
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.