(Topic ID: 236327)

1949 shuffle alley delux reset issue

By Gilligansae

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1790 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

I have a 49 shuffle alley deluxe with 50 flip pin head on it. Worked flawless for years. Recently, 1-9 step unit stuck solenoid, blew the fuse. I replaced the fuse, game worked for 15 min then solenoid stuck on again. If I rotate the wheel around by hand it unlatches after approx 2/3 revolution. Now when I power up the machine the score motor just keeps spinning with the 1-9 step unit solenoid latched. Any suggestions?

#2 5 years ago

I just got my first shuffle alley so this post probably belongs in the arcade games section https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/em-arcade-games

I am having to clean ALL the stepper units as they are gummed up and I suspect yours needs to be cleaned as well

I am working on a "full reset" stepper at the moment and the rivet that holds the pawl away from the gear so it will reset all the way to starting position needed a whack with a hammer so it would actuate freely

I suspect the fuse blew from the coil trying to power its way to move the gear & I suspect the score motor keeps turning now because it cannot get to starting position.

some great info here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/

IMG_1790 (resized).JPGIMG_1790 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPG
    #3 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have checked over all the step up units and I think functionally they are all ok. I disassembled the 1-9 step unit and cleaned it. And checked it 100% and I think it's ok. Had to adjust the backlash on the sprocket via the solenoid stop and it seems to be in good alignment.
    When I power up the machine the score motor just rotates continuously and 1-9 step up locks the solenoid on with a loud humm/buzz. If I manually rotate the 1-9 step sprocket it reaches a spot where something in the connections shuts off the solenoid.
    While all the buzzing is going on the score motor continues to rotate, each revolution cycling the strike/spare solenoid. Once I get the 1-9 stepper to stop locking up I can simulate scoring, hitting the playfield, then the puck return switch and it will score and allow frame changes normally until the game is over. Then when I reset to play again it starts the misbehavior over again...... Can't figure it out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1949-shuffle-alley-delux-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.