6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by donho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I have a '47 Exhibit. There are two screws at the upper left and right of the head that hold a small piece of trim on. That lifts off, then the backglass can be removed vertically. Make sure that the insert board (the one that holds the lamps/transformer) is pulled back a hair (screws on the sides of the head), and use a small piece of painter's tape on the front of the glass to help you lift and pull towards yourself (the routed channel for the glass is larger than the depth of the glass).

Get your other hand underneath when you've lifted it enough and you can maintain even pressure forward and up all the way out. This should help you prevent scratches and other blemishes when you remove.

But you still have to be extremely careful. Unfortunately, modular backglass removal wasn't around for another couple of years (except in some Bally games).

Congrats on the Treasure Chest! I've had that one on my wishlist for a while now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1947-esco-treasure-chest?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.