(Topic ID: 251970)

1947 Bally ROCKET woodrail > a BEAUTY !!

By SpaceTimeGuy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5132 (resized).JPG
IMG_5133 (resized).JPG
IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
IMG_5127 (resized).JPG
IMG_5116 (resized).JPG
IMG_5114 (resized).JPG
IMG_5112 (resized).JPG
IMG_5115 (resized).JPG
IMG_5113 (resized).JPG
IMG_5110 (resized).JPG
IMG_5109 (resized).JPG
IMG_5106 (resized).JPG
IMG_5104 (resized).JPG
IMG_5105 (resized).JPG
IMG_5098 (resized).JPG
IMG_5100 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Just picked up this beautiful ROCKET by Bally (1947) .... So rare it is not even in the Pinside database (yet) ... It is in very good condition !!! ... It has the original wood legs (triangular), lockdown bar, and coin door ... Guy I got it from said his grandfather bought it when he got out of the service and it has been in the family ever since. It is an interesting game > has 4 "flippers" but they are just "dummies" (don't move ... and no flipper buttons on cabinet) ... thought maybe Bally installed them and if customer wanted they could buy a kit to make them work... ? ... ... but they are at top of PF so it would be dumb place to have working flippers ... Anyone have any info on this game ? ANYWAY > I would probably be interested in trading it for EM Outer Space theme game or games ... projects OK ... (+ or - money to make it fair) ....
IMG_5096 (resized).JPGIMG_5096 (resized).JPGIMG_5097 (resized).JPGIMG_5097 (resized).JPGIMG_5098 (resized).JPGIMG_5098 (resized).JPGIMG_5100 (resized).JPGIMG_5100 (resized).JPGIMG_5104 (resized).JPGIMG_5104 (resized).JPGIMG_5105 (resized).JPGIMG_5105 (resized).JPGIMG_5106 (resized).JPGIMG_5106 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

Very cool.

#3 4 years ago

I'm jealous man, took me about 9 months to get mine to look respectable. Great find, its a fun game when you get the kick outs dialed in

I became obsessed with this game and found almost every piece of info you could need. Check out my thread. Hope it helps you out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rocket-flipperless-restoration

#4 4 years ago

Actually I would be interested seeing in any labels you see on the game, anywhere in the cabinet, backbone, or under the playfield. I'd like to verify that i'm not missing anything on mine.
If you get around to it would you mind posting pics of what you come across?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Actually I would be interested seeing in any labels you see on the game, anywhere in the cabinet, backbone, or under the playfield. I'd like to verify that i'm not missing anything on mine.
If you get around to it would you mind posting pics of what you come across?

SURE .... The schematic is glued in the back of the head (part of mine is torn off) ... I will try to get some photos tonight (during commercials during Browns game) ... or tomorrow night at latest ...

#6 4 years ago
IMG_5109 (resized).JPGIMG_5109 (resized).JPGIMG_5110 (resized).JPGIMG_5110 (resized).JPGIMG_5112 (resized).JPGIMG_5112 (resized).JPGIMG_5113 (resized).JPGIMG_5113 (resized).JPGIMG_5114 (resized).JPGIMG_5114 (resized).JPGIMG_5115 (resized).JPGIMG_5115 (resized).JPGIMG_5116 (resized).JPGIMG_5116 (resized).JPG
#7 4 years ago

It’s in both Pinside and IPDB’s databases as “Bally Rocket”

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

It’s in both Pinside and IPDB’s databases as “Bally Rocket”

I saw it on IPDB ... but it wasn't on Pinside (so I requested they add it ... that was fast ! ) ... I will clean my ROCKET up a little and add some photos to the entry ...

#9 4 years ago

The games been on pinside, I’ve been begging robin to add a pic to the thumb nail for a while.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bally-bally-rocket

Thanks for posting some of the pics.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I'm jealous man, took me about 9 months to get mine to look respectable. Great find, its a fun game when you get the kick outs dialed in
I became obsessed with this game and found almost every piece of info you could need. Check out my thread. Hope it helps you out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rocket-flipperless-restoration

That is AWESOME that you restored yours ! I don't think I am that patient ... I will definitely check out your thread ... THANKS for sharing !!!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The games been on pinside, I’ve been begging robin to add a pic to the thumb nail for a while.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bally-bally-rocket
Thanks for posting some of the pics.

OH ... I looked this morning and didn't see it ... Well glad it is there and I will add some photos of mine to the entry !

#12 4 years ago

So excited to see someone else with this game man! Thanks for sharing.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So excited to see someone else with this game man! Thanks for sharing.

WOO HOO !! And we are both in Ohio ! SMALL WORLD

#14 4 years ago

Got the ROCKET set up !! THANKS to mrm_4 for some help and lots of good info about this rare pinball !!! Attaching a few more photos ....

IMG_5127 (resized).JPGIMG_5127 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5135 (resized).JPGIMG_5135 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1947-bally-rocket-woodrail-?hl=ballycrazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.