• Latest reply 6 years ago by Klokkie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wisconsin_pinball-1024.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Looking for any wiring diagrams or schematics for a United machine. This one has the WIS CON SIN theme, ball rolls onto glass to shoot, nine letters, which most of these types of machines have, so I'm thinking that any diagrams out there would be very similar in nature to this one. It worked nicely until I took it apart for pictures, so I think it's most likely one of the pin connectors that is causing it to act up. Anyway, a schematic diagram would be helpful. I have put this machine on the shelf until I find any information on it which might be helpful.

Anyone?wisconsin_pinball-1024.jpgwisconsin_pinball-1024.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Uh, sorry, meant 1948.

#3 9 years ago

You may be in luck... I was sent a flipperless United game schematic by a very nice gentleman on the Rec.Games.Pinball forum (Larry Wolfe) when I was in the middle of restoring a United Serenade, which was a blast to do, and nice playing game.

Let me take a look at my paperwork file and see what game it's for. May not be the same game, but most of the flipperless United games shared many of the same circuits.

What's the issue with your game?

Don O

#4 9 years ago

WOW! That thing looks just like the United Paradise that I worked on last month....almost identical in the layout! Same year as Paradise...probably the same schematics.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=paradise&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1750

#5 9 years ago

The game worked 100% until I disassembled it. Simply, removed the phenolic pin connectors, took some pictures for future generations, and put it back together. Now it hangs up at startup and buzzes - some solenoid making noise.

I would bet it's one of the connectors not making good contact somewhere as these connectors are loaded with crusty plating corrosion from age. I haven't done anything with it since it acted up, so it's sitting there, reminding me to fix it. It is in pretty good condition given its age.

It is *almost* flipper-less, as it has a set of flippers up towards the top of the playfield, which are more of an obstruction than a functional pair of flippers. Other than some flaking on the graphics in the back glass, it's in good working condition.

Any schematic from that era would suffice as far as I can determine. There are nine win lights on the playfield, and seems most United games have the same nine lights, which equate to nine win letters on the back glass. As EM's go, it's not rocket science.

Thanks for any help!

#6 9 years ago

I have recently restored a very bad 1947 United Singapore which is very similar to yours.

It had a lot of problems, something which may be in common with yours is bad Jones plug connections. I cleaned them out best I could, used scotchbrite on the male side and put a light coat of oil on them and worked them in/out of each other a zillion times.
I also had to reduce the size of the female side for each pin >> by a small amount<< by means of a long nose pliers to tighten the connection before it became reliable. I inserted a proper size drill bit into the female side that was a bit smaller than the jones plug male end so not to crush the female side with the pliers.

I also could not find a schematic for my United so I reverse engineered my Singapore. It took tens of hours to complete plus the artwork and I am selling them here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1947-united-singapore-pinball-schematic-and-diagrams

#7 9 years ago

You probably already know your game originally came with a floor cabinet instead of legs. I assume the steel legs are to replace the floor cabinet.

You may find that a set of hardwood legs may provide a less rigid, spindly support for the game. Nudging is a major part of playing these early EM pins and I am not sure if steel would provide the same effect.

Just a suggestion. Really nice pin, BTW

#8 9 years ago

My machine originally had the wooden base cabinet, but it was water damaged and in bad shape, so I made the call to trash that part, and replaced it with the blue powdercoated steel legs. Looks *almost* right, close enough.

Steve, I will likely take you up on your schematic, now that I am going to re-visit the game. Good that you did it, and I am reasonably sure the wiring will match. Seems any United game with nine letters match the nine lights in the playfield. There were a couple of items on my machine that were removed; one was a counter on the back glass corner of some sort, the other was some switch under the cabinet that apparently was there to reset the top score (for gambling purposes apparently - side bets). Then, there's a button on the front that does something else I haven't been able to determine.

These machines were produced during the introduction of the Johnson Act, which prohibited gambling. Then, each state put their own gambling rules up, and pinball machines were part of what they mostly considered gambling. So there are some interesting facts yet to uncover.

#9 9 years ago

Hi ramegoom.
The replay counter was probably removed some time ago to comply with law. On my Singapore, With credits on the counter, a coil on the front door would energize when the coin slide began its travel. The energized coil worked an armature to allow the coin slide for free-play.

A small 4 pin Jones plug underneath the pf was to enable or disable free play.

A meter under the pf shows how many games were played that beat the high score, both adjustable score and fixed scores.

Singapore has two under cabinet buttons. One button turns the game off and the other subtracts credits from the unit. Perhaps your mystery button was a subtract credits button.

Me? If it were my game I'd try to install a counter whether it's an original United unit ... Or make a different Mfg unit work. But that's just me being weird.

2 years later
#10 6 years ago

It is some time ago with action on this topic but i am searching for schematics for an United Serenade from 1948. Does somebody has a schematic or simular for this United pinball from that era. Thanks for any help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1946-united-wisconsin-schematics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.