1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TSB_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7404420_0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3895 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3894 (resized).JPG
    DSCN4885 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Anyone know how the coin door switches work on a 1940's era door? I must be missing something to actuate the switch... Door is from Maisie

DSCN4885 (resized).JPGDSCN4885 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

If it works as others I've seen, the switch shown in right side of your photo should close as the coin slide is pushed in. Closing of the switch will complete a circuit to the relay shown in the photo (if there are replays on the replay stepper) which causes the arm on the relay to engage with the small arm on the coin slide which then allows the chute to be pushed all the way it. You can manually engage the relay to see how this part works.

And yes, it looks like something is missing from the coin slide that would open the switch when the slide is fully out. It also looks like the switch is a M/B switch (with a broken blade). My 1949 Three Musketeers only has a NO switch (though a few Williams machines have the M/B variety).

I have a photo of the switch and coin slide arm of Three Musketeers in the photo in the following post. And based on that topic thread, it looks like the earlier Gottliebs had a M/B switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lady-robin-hood-mystery-plug#post-5633932

#3 1 year ago

Edit:
    Scratch that. Mine has three connectors on the door.
    1- connected to the lower leaf (next to the wood)
    2- connected to the middle leaf
    3- connected to the solenoid
    - solenoid connected to the top leaf

The bar on the right of the coin mechanism holds the center leaf to the lower leaf.

Pushing in the coin mech breaks that connection, and makes the coil connection - retracting the coil and allowing the mechanism to accept the coin.

My mechanism then pushes on the ball release under the playfield, and an "egg-timer" for the lights. Not sure what yours interacts with.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks - think I understand now, just have to figure out how to rig it.

#5 1 year ago

A couple of pics inside my GTB 1946 Superliner. In the second pic the L shaped bracket attached to the coin slide is essential for switch function.

IMG_3894 (resized).JPGIMG_3894 (resized).JPG

IMG_3895 (resized).JPGIMG_3895 (resized).JPG

#6 1 year ago

You should be able to adjust (circled in green) your plunger (red circle) to the right, so that it presses on the switch.
    If not, you may need to move the entire plate to the left.

Pinside_forum_7404420_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7404420_0 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1940-s-coin-door-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.