1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Scoreboard (resized).JPG
    1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Front View (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

I have a 1935 Genco Cheer Leader that I'm trying to get more information about. I have been hauling it around for the past 20 years after it came out of my grandfather's attic.

1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Front View (resized).JPG1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Front View (resized).JPG1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Scoreboard (resized).JPG1935 Genco Cheer Leader - Scoreboard (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

I don't know anything about it but looked it up. First backglass by artist Roy Parker. That is pretty cool.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=499

#3 1 year ago

Really Neat game!
    Does it plunge and work?

#4 1 year ago

The plunger works but the mechanism to move the ball from the base to playing field is broken. I have the piece, but it will need to be re-tooled. A little background on the machine. My grandfather was initially given two different pinball machines by an individual supplying machines to local bars and taverns, one being the Cheer Leader. For whatever reason, this machine was placed directly in his attic. It never had any legs. I have been hauling it around for quite some time. I have never attempted to play it. As you can tell the glass is long gone and the middle portion of the front lock is also missing. I cleaned up the playing surface and it came out pretty good. I have not taken the playing field off to clean the internal working. I have just been hauling it around through our many military relocations and my wife told me to either fix or get rid of it.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from MDKirkhuff:

The plunger works but the mechanism to move the ball from the base to playing field is broken. I have the piece, but it will need to be re-tooled. A little background on the machine. My grandfather was initially given two different pinball machines by an individual supplying machines to local bars and taverns, one being the Cheer Leader. For whatever reason, this machine was placed directly in his attic. It never had any legs. I have been hauling it around for quite some time. I have never attempted to play it. As you can tell the glass is long gone and the middle portion of the front lock is also missing. I cleaned up the playing surface and it came out pretty good. I have not taken the playing field off to clean the internal working. I have just been hauling it around through our many military relocations and my wife told me to either fix or get rid of it.

What a wonderful background and certainly an important sentimental piece for you which is in beautiful condition. You have 'gotta' fix it!

#6 1 year ago

Wow, that's really cool! You can also post questions about it in the Pre-War club thread we have here. Sometimes not everybody sees the new threads, but people can "watch" specific threads and when new posts show up, they really pay attention. Plus, you can see many other games from the same era in that thread. Some real beauties in there and yours fits the bill!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-war-club-1930-1939

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1935-genco-cheer-leader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.