1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by oldcarz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

book (resized).jpg
    cannon fire1 (resized).JPG
    cannon fire (resized).jpg
    IMG_0631 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0630 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0629 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Came across this. Cannon fire jr. Wondering if anyone could give some info on it. What the value of it? Don't want to see this end up in the garbage. And seeing anyone has any interest it. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

IMG_0629 (resized).JPG

IMG_0630 (resized).JPG

IMG_0631 (resized).JPG

#3 1 year ago

Thats cool. Do the cannons actually fire like a Fleet? Nice looking Mills machine. I would value it at around 500- 700.

Is it a table top or does it have legs?

--Jeff

#4 1 year ago

It's interesting to compare this to Bally Fleet Sr. (http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=881) and Fleet Jr.(http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=880), also from 1934. I think Fleet Sr. was the first game to use a solenoid to fire a ball up the playfield (or something like that). This game apparently came out between the two versions of Fleet.

#5 1 year ago

I had a restored Cannon Fire several years ago. As noted from the pix, mine was on legs, so the "Jr." version might be smaller, or a table top version. An article from the Encyclopedia of Pinball has a general description of the game.

I agree with Jeff that an unrestored version would likely be in the $700 range, probably higher if it is complete with coinbox and working.

Depending upon the level of restoration (nickel plating, full wood treatment, etc.) a restored version is several times an unrestored game.

As far as game play: a flipperless game where you would ideally like to land a marble in one of the higher valued holes at various parts of the playfield. The guarded red ringed hole at the top has the highest value. To get a marble into that area, you need to get a marble to land on the muzzle of either of the two cannons at the base of the game. A little switch at the muzzle will immediately fire the marble upward and hopefully with some nudging will land into the desired hole. Another way the cannons work is to try and actually land a marble on to either of the top two cannons. Not as difficult as it sounds since there are numerous posts that form a V that helps guide the marble to rest on those cannons. Then another marble needs to descend through the corresponding (right or left) "tunnel" at the top of the playfields. There is a little roll over in those tunnels that will fire the upper cannons. A marble fired from an upper cannon will loop back downward toward the higher valued holes near the bottom cannons.

At the end of the game you add up your points and if you did well the operator paid you. Funny is that you can win with a good high score, or a pitiful low score. Careful not to shake the machine. The tilt has a ball that balances on a small cone and will easily dislodge.

cannon fire (resized).jpg

cannon fire1 (resized).JPG

book (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #6 1 year ago

I would be interested in it if you are selling?

#7 1 year ago

Thank you for your interest. Game was sold prior to my posting a picture and description of it.
    Happy Holidays
    Joel

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 26.95
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.00
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside