View topic image gallery

5star4 (resized).jpg
5star3 (resized).jpg
5star2 (resized).jpg
5star1 (resized).jpg
Five_Star_Final (resized).jpg
5Star_Final (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I looked on Pinside for a Purely Mechanical forum but the EM Pinball Pre-WWII forum is the closest.

I recently acquired a Gottlieb 1932 Five Star Final Jr. As you can see from the pictures it is missing some parts.
Particulary the Penny Coin Slide and Plunger.
The reason for the missing parts is that it was soaked from bottom quarter down in water. If you look closely the soaked part playfield has been removed.
The previous owner did a good job on repairing and making it workable.

First I would like to ask if there would be anyone who has or knows of anyone who has the parts for the restoration?

Secondly I would like to see if I could get some high res pictures of the parts? This will help with possibly fabricating or finding the replacement parts.

I found the below link online and it helped with picturing the internal mech workings.

https://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/fivestarfinal/repair/repair.html

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

5Star_Final (resized).jpg5Star_Final (resized).jpgFive_Star_Final (resized).jpgFive_Star_Final (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

for a coinslide you can get one on ebay or at http://www.crowriver.com/ps/coinslides.htm

for a plunger you will have to most likely get a piece of steel round and thread it for a cabinet pull on one end. you can use a standard rubber on the other or find the plastic screw ons that were common on those era of prewar

--Jeff

3 months later
#3 4 years ago

Jeff
Thanks for the link. I will definitely make note of that site.
I think you are right regarding the fabricating of the plunger.
Thanks again for the input.
Will keep updated. Right now in the middle of a potentially disastrous clear coat process.
Jim

1 month later
#4 4 years ago

leothelowe I have one of these machines in the collection however I have the opposite problem as you. I have the shooter rod but my housing is missing. Too funny. I've thought about calling Steve Young...but without a part number, you can imagine how that can go. Besides I don't think he has much in the way of parts for stuff this old.

#5 4 years ago

I need a coin slide too. Could not find it at Crow

#6 4 years ago

Some reference pics. Home made shooter rod also.

5star1 (resized).jpg5star1 (resized).jpg5star2 (resized).jpg5star2 (resized).jpg5star3 (resized).jpg5star3 (resized).jpg5star4 (resized).jpg5star4 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1932-five-star-final-jr-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.