3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

192x64 DMD

Added: May 11th, 2016 Ended: August 13th, 2016

Item description

USPS damaged one of my customers DMDs, even though it was packed to survive just about anything they could throw at it. Thankfully, the package was insured - but once the claim gets paid, I need to find a display.

Anybody got anything?

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Columbus, IN, US

Seller insights

These are johnwartjr's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to johnwartjr's stats page

#2 3 years ago

That must have been the last one you had in stock?

#4 3 years ago

Contact Action Pinball. They will specially order one. Not cheap and it takes 4-5 months for it to be manufactured.

Personally, I wish ColorDMD would modify their software for it to work as a replacement for the large DMD. I can care less if it's still in the basic orange color. The problem with getting a replacement one is cost and wait time.

#5 3 years ago

Crash, it was my customers display he sent me with his dmd controller that needed repair - I don't have one to test the big dmd controllers.

I packed it pretty dang well. Don't know that I'll offer to repair one of these display controllers if asked again - my liability is too high when the shipper damages it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not cheap and it takes 4-5 months for it to be manufactured.

Who is still manufacturing these? Dale/Vishay? I can't imagine anyone making money producing them to order in limited quantities.

#7 3 years ago

John don't beat yourself up. 20 yr old display got bumped around. May be repairable. Don't stop fixing driver boards because of that. Just don't ship any more of those displays. Hate to lose you over 1 DMD.

#8 3 years ago

Vishay still makes them with a 15wk turnaround time.

#9 3 years ago

They must be RoHS compliant for European customers then right?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Contact Action Pinball. They will specially order one. Not cheap and it takes 4-5 months for it to be manufactured.
Personally, I wish ColorDMD would modify their software for it to work as a replacement for the large DMD. I can care less if it's still in the basic orange color. The problem with getting a replacement one is cost and wait time.

DMD Extender does exactly what you are asking for.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

DMD Extender does exactly what you are asking for.

It can do it in orange? Every one I've seen, has been in "color".

#12 3 years ago

You can choose any color palette you like.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You can choose any color palette you like.

Oh, I did not know that. Every picture I've ever seen of it on Batman Forever was always that terrible "color", never knew it could be changed,

#15 3 years ago

http://www.competitiveproducts.com/list.php?id=300

Not familiar with this company or if they really have these in stock, but it does add to the cart so worth a try I guess. I had some links saved since I have two games that use these displays and I worry about them. This is the only one that I can currently find that indicates it might be available.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It can do it in orange? Every one I've seen, has been in "color".

You can choose 4 shades of orange, or 4 shades of red, or red+yellow+blue+pink, or any other crazy combination you can think of!

#17 3 years ago

I thought colorDMD would work with the bigger display.

Edit: Never mind. I was wrong.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought colorDMD would work with the bigger display.

Not yet supported

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

http://www.competitiveproducts.com/list.php?id=300
Not familiar with this company or if they really have these in stock, but it does add to the cart so worth a try I guess. I had some links saved since I have two games that use these displays and I worry about them. This is the only one that I can currently find that indicates it might be available.

This is NOT a slam against Competitive Products.

I have dealt with so many companies the don't update their website with their inventory. I have added to cart, and checked out. Then several days later, I get an email saying that the item is out of stock and they have refunded my money. So, anymore, if it's some obscure or discontinued item that I am looking for, I call the company and ask if it's in stock. One item I was looking for, I even had a guy tell me that the item was out of stock and it would take about a week to get one from the manufacturer. "Uh, HELLO, no you can't. The manufacturer doesn't make that item anymore".

#20 3 years ago

I called competitive today. Out of stock. Can get them with a 6 month leadtime.

Was also told Babcock is no more. They are gone.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside