Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CunninghamPage1.jpg
    CunninghamPage2.jpg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

That was TheKorn, and if either Kingpin or WB gets done by Gene, I'll sit next to TheKorn and do another "pigs fly" video with him.

Always room for one more!

I think that apology video is still up on youtube, somewhere. I know I didn't yank it.

#102 11 years ago

There's a video floating around on Youtube showing two working P2K prototypes next to each other at Gene's in the past. I don't know if they were in similar condition, or both WB or one WB and one PB.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

There's a video floating around on Youtube showing two working P2K prototypes next to each other at Gene's in the past. I don't know if they were in similar condition, or both WB or one WB and one PB.

Both of those games are no longer there.

LTG : )

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

There's a video floating around on Youtube showing two working P2K prototypes next to each other at Gene's in the past

This one?

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This one?
    » YouTube video

not that one.. but I would like to see a high res version of someone playing WB and see how complete is really is.. that would be cool

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

not that one.. but I would like to see a high res version of someone playing WB and see how complete is really is.. that would be cool

I had played the "Complete WB" a few years ago when Gene still owned it. Playfield was probably at 85% and the software around 50% complete. There was a single mode in the game and you could get a feel for where they were going, but it was no where near being a fully playable game. And Playboy was probably at 40% on the playfield and 10% on software. Since it didn't have any ramps - it didn't matter. He told me it wouldn't start a game. We grabbed HD video at the time, but I'm not sure where the tape is.

#107 11 years ago

There's footage of Wizard Blocks on "Tilt" and "Life After Death 3: Warehouse Raid", both excellent DVDs...

#108 11 years ago

has anyone physically went and looked at the 50000 worth of pinball yet? or is it all really just junk?

#109 11 years ago

Yes, I went.

I did not even go into the "1 lump sum, 180 game for 50k" warehouse but I was told they are in worse condition than what I saw in the climate controlled portion. What I saw in the climate controlled portion is still a gamble as nothing is plugged in.

It was 6 hours round trip for me and I bought nothing if that tells you anything. I am sure there are titles that would interest other people, but nothing for me at the asking prices.

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, I went.
    I did not even go into the "1 lump sum, 180 game for 50k" warehouse but I was told they are in worse condition than what I saw in the climate controlled portion. What I saw in the climate controlled portion is still a gamble as nothing is plugged in.
    It was 6 hours round trip for me and I bought nothing if that tells you anything. I am sure there are titles that would interest other people, but nothing for me at the asking prices.

i am really contemplating going to see them tomorrow. Depends on how I feel I guess.

I mean if they are utter and total crap not worth ten gees for the lot, not going to waste my time with an asking price of $50000

#111 11 years ago

If you are considering the bulk deal 50k warehouse then you are probably wasting your gas money unless you like expensive EM firewood.

For the individual games he listed, after yesterday, then good ones all appear to be gone or already purchased.

#112 11 years ago

got no love for any more EMs if thats all he has left.

#113 11 years ago

It's a real jerk move to try and pass that garbage off as a 50k collection. After all the promises of kp and wb and then years of nothing thus guy is coming off looking real bad.

I got my letter today. I signed up years ago for kp not to be offered a pile of shit for 50k. Damn.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

got no love for any more EMs if thats all he has left.

The $50K warehouse is only EMs and most are firewood but hard to tell the way everything is stacked. It might be a good investment at 5K to 10K if you are really into old EMs and have lots of time and space to devote. Even then, you might not make it back since there is a week or more of moving machines involved.

BTW Not many Gottlieb EMs.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

The $50K warehouse is only EMs and most are firewood but hard to tell the way everything is stacked. It might be a good investment at 5K to 10K if you are really into old EMs and have lots of time and space to devote. Even then, you might not make it back since there is a week or more of moving machines involved.
    BTW Not many Gottlieb EMs.

Then Gene is a fibber. He flat out told me on the phone there was more than just EMs in the 50k warehouse. Gene sure made it seem that there were ss titles in there too.

Not interested in 180 ems.

#116 11 years ago

Well, if there are any SS machines they are pretty old. There might be one or two. It was pretty hard to identify many machines as all the heads were off and not in the same area as the bellies.

And the temp was 35 degrees inside (verified by a thermometer) when I walked through there. Gene said it was temp controlled at about 50 degrees. I imagine it is temperature controlled up to about 100 degrees in the summer.

I like Gene but he is a "salesman" and takes certain liberties with facts.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

he is a "salesman" and takes certain liberties with facts.

Most consumer product salesmen lie. Period. I listened to a salesman once explain how his lies were not sins of comission but omission. I do know salesmen that are very honest but not in consumer products. It always amazes me that people are shocked at the possibility that salesmen lie. OMG!! SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!

=)

#118 11 years ago

Interesting posting here at this location with some new informations. I don´t like the public talk, but meanwhile it´s the time for more public discussion.

Can anyone give me the contact details to the new owner of the Wizard Blocks prototype in south california? I need a high res picture from the playfields bottom view.....

Thanks for first,

PinGeorge

#119 11 years ago

Glad to see you Here Pin George!Hope you get the info you need,How are your projects going?

3 months later
    #121 10 years ago

Whatever happened to this sale?

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Whatever happened to this sale?

not sure, but I third hand heard that some foreign dude bought em

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/180-pinball-machine-lot-50000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.