(Topic ID: 125475)

18 Months One Pinball Manufacture will be left.

By 2RustyBalls

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 610 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.png
    whizbang.png
    choose-fullthrottle-button-2.jpg
    peoples college of law.jpg
    bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpg
    pinfutures.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    head-in-sand.jpg
    drama-llama.jpg
    20150409_190831.jpg
    20150409_190923.jpg
    20150417_120330.jpg
    20150417_120403.jpg
    20150417_120541.jpg
    rUumI0j.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#359 8 years ago

pinball only needs 2 manufactures to thrive. Like Sony and Microsoft. Boutique designs should be bought by the manufacturers for production. But trying to assemble pins as a boutique sounds like a long term nightmare.

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So in what market are Sony and Microsoft the only two manufacturers, and in competition with each other?

Come on man. You know this. Video game consoles. Nintendo is so far behind and will not be making another console. Hence why they announced mobile games coming. There really isn't a need for more than 2 major pinball production facilities. If eached cranked out 2-3 pins a year, that's more than enough for the market to bear. Prices would fall too.

#362 8 years ago

What I'm saying is boutique should be designing pins that could just be handed off to a manufacturer for production. All of this redesigning of the basic platform is what's gonna kill boutique guys. Making a pinball should become easier not harder.

#364 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Nintendo won't be making another console? You should google Nintendo NX.
    What about the Steam Box? That's the android of gaming consoles.

It's a two horse race right now. Maybe they will. So how many pinball manufactures do you think there should be? The market can bear?

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think the market could handle several manufacturers, but I don't see any reason to put a number on how many there "should" be. That's kinda up to how they run their business.
    I also think we don't have any clue how much money there is available in the untapped market. A new company could draw $1mil from the market tomorrow if they showed up with a ready to ship game that was decent.
    The home console market has a HUGE barrier of entry for new companies. For the most part, the hardware manufacturers rely on established publisher networks to bring games to the platforms.
    The barrier of entry for a new pinball company right now is pretty low. As I mentioned, show up with a game that's in boxes, ready to ship, and you are doing better than half of the pinball companies in existence today. You can't say that about many other markets.

I agree. Just a lot harder to have a game in box than most people think. Making pinball is hard

#403 8 years ago
    #406 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Kaneda are you crazy?? Wii U is by far the best "new" console. And they have just announced a new console in the works. Plus Nintendo has tons of real Money and is doing great. PS4 and Xbox are the ones who wont be around for another console

Right quotes this time. Wii U is getting slaughtered

#413 8 years ago

This thread is inane.

#415 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

That's relative. I have a PS3 in fact 2 and a Vita and 3 3ds systemsnand a Wii and Wii U. X-box is a Bro-gamer system and PS4 has potential but limited games worth buying a new console over. Wii U is possibly my favorite system since I started with my Atari / Intelivision/ C64 . Wii-U has close to 15 must have games only found on Wii U. Plus Nintendo actually has cash, Microsoft will switch to a computer based gaming system ( why even by an Xbox just use your laptop) Unfortunately this will be the end of Sony Current gamers are going retro style and indie games and the Vita and Wii U will fill this, Wait till the new Zelda comes out. Look at the $$$$ Nintendo has plenty and with the intro of these Crack like Amibos Nintendo will be here in 10 years Microsoft and Sony will bail.

Seriously are some of you guys on the pipe? It's not what Wii U means to you it's about sales numbers. Nintendo has been slaughtered in sales. Zelda? Are you serious? That franchise can't hold a candle to the popular games now. I loved Nintendo but they have failed to adopt to online gaming. You can't even chat in game with smash bros or Mario kart. Lame

#436 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It's amazing how you just proved how little you know with that one statement there. I don't block people on pinside just so that I can watch the crap fall out of their mouth. Your statements usually hold little insight, but saying Zelda is a dead franchise is ludicrous.

Yeah I was being overly dramatic. Zelda is not dead, by any means. I am the biggest Nintendo fanboy but just really disappointed in how they continue to miss the ball lately. For those of you saying online chat isn't a big deal. No way. Playing Mario kart and smash bros with friends is the systems best experiences and it's so frustrating you can't chat and talk smack to your friends in game. Nintendo franchises are the most valuable in the industry but the poor hardware continues to plague them. The wii U controller is just another example of how this miss. Enough with the gimmicks, just make the hardware amazing.

#578 8 years ago

Aren't we done pre-ordering games? Just buy it when it's ready and invest your money in the meantime. It's more for the peace of mind than the "potential savings."

#591 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I totally understand your point of view. However, no matter how much fun IM, ACDC (I own one) and Tron are I would never pay $8k for any of them. Take a new 2015 Mustang GT for example. Awesome vehicle. Would I pay $50k for one though?.Heck no.

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.png
    #600 8 years ago

12 pages of feeding a troll thread. We did it!!! Let's go for 13!!!!

#602 8 years ago

13!!!!!! Come on guys....we can hit 14 pages. We've talked Florida. We've talked Disney. Let's talk favorite donuts. I'll take a classic glazed any day!

#606 8 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Hey captain oblivious... spec one out and don't just follow the starting price. You may want to look into what the specialty versions cost too

My last car was a 2010 GT500, so yeah I know you can get a GT close to 50, which is insane. Better to go grab a used Shelby or Boss. I'm pricing out a GT350 now and would love an R variant, but heard they are only brining over like 140 Shelby's this year. My attempts to get a Hellcat have also failed. Goal was to get myself a nice 39th birthday present. We shall see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/18-months-one-pinball-manufacture-will-be-left?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.