(Topic ID: 125475)

18 Months One Pinball Manufacture will be left.

By 2RustyBalls

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 610 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.png
    whizbang.png
    choose-fullthrottle-button-2.jpg
    peoples college of law.jpg
    bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpg
    pinfutures.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    head-in-sand.jpg
    drama-llama.jpg
    20150409_190831.jpg
    20150409_190923.jpg
    20150417_120330.jpg
    20150417_120403.jpg
    20150417_120541.jpg
    rUumI0j.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#60 9 years ago

After everything that's happened no one should pre-pay for a pin again. If they do and get burned they only have themselves to blame. I agree most of the boutique shops will be gone. Stern will be around. Chicago Gaming will keep making old pins, assuming the price point is right. Spooky could be around if they want to Maybe a new one will pop up. Who knows.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

What do you mean "after"? No one should ever pre pay for anything, if they care about what happens to their money. NEVER made sense to me, NEVER will.

Well, I've also said that for years. Back when stern started shipping machines with minimal code and people bitched. It makes even more sense when you have to put down lots of money on people who have never proven they can create something as complex as a pinball machine on their own. So yeah, we completely agree =)

#330 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I doubt it . All it is saying is that 201 people don't agree that there will only be 1 pinball manufacture in 18 months.
    The fact is, 201 people have a difficult time reading between the lines !

The fact is, 201 people have a difficult time reading!

fixed. =)

#354 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's not exactly hard to see the first engineers, especially the first electrical engineer, screwed the pooch pretty badly.
    Their mistake with the LEDs alone probably cost JJP several hundred thousand dollars.

JJP tried to get people for little or no money. Multiple examples of JJP offering people ridiculous salaries, or no salary just stock. There were four of us who had such offers at a stern release party, three of them extremely well know pinball legends. We were chatting about how all of us received these offers. You get what you pay for. I believe Keith was probably the only well paid JJP employee as they needed an A list programmer and had no other options.

#595 8 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

longer trips! My policy is 10 day 9 night minimum. Last time were were there it was 8 day 7 night and that was too short.

MY family loves Disney. But I find 7 nights is enough. I want to come home we usually hire a VIP tour guide for a day. It's nice to be able to ride every good ride at every park in a single day. It's not leisurely but it sure is a blast. This year the guide allowed us to ride rock n roller coaster and space mountain twice without messing with any line. Great stuff. Of course we usually pick a day where we hang at the pool and just relax.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/18-months-one-pinball-manufacture-will-be-left?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.