(Topic ID: 125475)

18 Months One Pinball Manufacture will be left.

By 2RustyBalls

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 610 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.png
    whizbang.png
    choose-fullthrottle-button-2.jpg
    peoples college of law.jpg
    bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpg
    pinfutures.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    head-in-sand.jpg
    drama-llama.jpg
    20150409_190831.jpg
    20150409_190923.jpg
    20150417_120330.jpg
    20150417_120403.jpg
    20150417_120541.jpg
    rUumI0j.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#373 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

But this is about pinball, and as a Pinside noob, I'm having a hard time who is saying anything even remotely close to the truth and who is just pumping out white noise. Seems all a bit "Sky is falling" if you were to ask me.

the sky may not be falling, but there have been some very high profile failures that have cost several people a significant amount of money...

the only person who has been able to produce a significant number of machines (other than gary) is jack, and anecdotal evidence would suggest that it is not all sunshine and roses at jjp...

personally, i think that one or two of the little guys will carve out their niche (charlie already has) producing machines in small numbers... how long they will remain interested in doing so remains to be seen...

most of the others have already either failed or are well on their way there... and some of the characters involved in those failures (wes upchurch in the case of vonnied, kevin kulek in the case skitb, et.al.) have left a very bad taste in people's mouths... and the disaster that is zidware adds to that bad taste, especially since the person involved was a "known" industry guy...

so again, while the sky may not be falling, there have been some damn big hailstones lately...

#374 8 years ago

and fwiw, is it really necessary to drag the childish "console wars" bs onto pinside?

#567 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Disney is definitely not a relaxing style vacation. I like all kinds of vacations though. I've had a lot of great, lazy days in Key West and a lot of days in Disney where I was pretty sure I was going to die at the end of the day from exhaustion. All were fun and I would do them again.

well... it CAN be... you just have to do it right...

swmbo and i go for the food & wine festival every october... and it is very relaxing for us... nice things to look at, well kept, clean, safe, etc...

of course, when the only line you wait in is for more beer, it's a lot more relaxing than the "normal" disney routine... i don't remember the last time i went on a ride... unless you count riding the monorail for 2 straight hours drunk as a skunk a "ride"...

re: sanibel/captiva... heaven on earth, especially during prime birding season...

beelzeboob, if you REALLY wanna see god's waiting room, head up to what they call "the nature coast" (up towards the panhandle)... the median age around there is approximately 90...

#570 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm with you until the "relax and be lazy" part.......never found that area of the park....

there are a few "quiet" places in the magic kingdom...

but if i told you where they are, i'd have to kill you...

#571 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

or just hit Sun City Center in the middle of the State...." you can check out, but you can never leave..."

oh dear... now you know what jingle is stuck in my head????

"the villages... america's favorite home town"...

#594 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

True.....its when the kids get involved the schedule gets interesting....last time I was there did all 4 parks in one day....daughter insisted on power walking Epcot to see every village in the last 20 minutes before last bus to hotel....I almost died....literally...

i WOULD have died...

as much as i love going, i don't know if i could handle it with kids... we usually don't even roll out of bed until 10 am...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/18-months-one-pinball-manufacture-will-be-left?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.