18 Months One Pinball Manufacture will be left.

(Topic ID: 125475)

18 Months One Pinball Manufacture will be left.

By 2RustyBalls

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 610 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 5.20.08 PM.png
    whizbang.png
    choose-fullthrottle-button-2.jpg
    peoples college of law.jpg
    bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpg
    pinfutures.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    head-in-sand.jpg
    drama-llama.jpg
    20150409_190831.jpg
    20150409_190923.jpg
    20150417_120330.jpg
    20150417_120403.jpg
    20150417_120541.jpg
    rUumI0j.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Wow, this is a positive thread.
    You think spooky will not be here in 18 months?
    You think pat lawlors game will not turn the whole pinball community on its ear?
    Nothing, nothing is made in America anymore.
    It's sad but its the world we live in.

I will keep that in mind while designing tools that are being made 50 feet or so from the office I sit in as I get ready to start my Saturday at work.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Right on, good luck
    Hey what's up w/Hobbit & all the "rumors"?
    Got any info to put the community at ease?

Rumors? You are going to have to be more specific, this is pinside.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Profit is not evil except when coupled with paying your employees a slave wage, a rusty scalpel, do-it-yourself healtcare plan, and no retirement plan. It's the busted social contract that is the biggest concern. I'm not pointing a finger at any specific pinball company, but just the trend of the way that labor is being treated in the U.S as a whole.

Maybe you have had a different experience in manufacturing than I have.

I was more than happy to start out grinding burs off of steel for a meager wage in order to gain the knowledge and skills it took to get to where I am now. In fact, I have nothing but respect for the employers who played a large part in my career of choice.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Lol. This from the guy with three banned accounts. Look, you guys want to try to act like you are looking out for the good of the community. In reality, the core community was split by JJP and WOZ. Like it or not there are now two camps, pro JJP and anti JJP. Now there are some guys on here that like to think they are unbiased and are just "straight shooters that call it like they see it", but are the first to pile on. You guys know who you are, at least be honest with yourselves.

What?

image.jpg

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Lol. Dude I didn't call anyone out specifically. Besides, why aren't you at PATZ?

Because, "manufacturing is hard". Work.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

$50k? lol
    It's going to cost a lot more than that.
    Most of my wishlist is in the pinside top 30.

Keep your options open. The top 30 might not be what you end up caring about after a while.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

As to who will be around - I do think there will be a market shakeout, but I think we'll definitely have multiple manufacturers around.

One thing I would bet on....You will still be around, and so will I and many others. The more of us who stick around and play/buy games the more games we will see.

I wonder what the turnover rate on pinheads is?

#292 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Well, all things going to plan I will be at the Chicago Expo Oct 14-18 then down to the Expo at Banning the 25th so plenty of time to drink with everyone!!!
    See, that's what Pinside is for (well, the 5 years I've been here anyway..)
    Meeting Pinsiders, having a beer, talking pinball, helping people fix their pinballs ... thats what it's all about.
    Look at all the great dudes who welcomed me into their homes on my Route66 trip. Basically strangers, all bought together on Pinside by the love of some strange antiquated machines with silver balls inside them. They didn't care that I was "over the border"
    Pinside for the win!
    rd.

It's been a few years since I have made the trip out to Expo, I might have to do it just to have a beer with some pinsiders. We can talk about the time a Data East Star Wars broke a world record sale price because of a few autographs, and the time a few games were almost built while we battle it out on Stern, JJP, and Spooky pins for who pays the tab.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I thought I might not be on the list..... until you added the second hand.

Only you can turn that around. Don't be such a sad sack.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I sense this night will end with a bunch of pinheads spilling their digital blood over no reason in particular.
    Why can't we all just... get along?

I just spit on my computer....no blood though, does that count?

#300 3 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Not everyone on pinside still live in their parents basement & post from their Obama phones

I will have you know, my mom paid good money for my Obama phone!

#314 3 years ago

If I had to block someone everytime I disagree, I wouldn't be able to see my own posts.

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

198 down votes isn't because of old-timers or herd mentality. It's because the OP is a dick who likes to be inflammatory. LTG is a great guy who's helped many people here. for free. Maybe THAT'S why people listen to him and tend to agree with him.
    Or maybe people are sick of people spouting out at the mouth with no intentions other than to cause angst or rile people up. That's not what this site is about. rusty should be banned or suspended for oh I dunno...18 months?
    He adds no actual value to this site. But since he doesn't technically break any rules he's free to stay. Negative karma should get instituted and too much negative karma should result in a suspension. But hey that's just my opinion.

A bit harsh. After all, you are reading the thread.,

Also jonharvey123 you are still reading. You might as well open your account back up make amends and play nice. Much worse things have been said and forgiven on both sides of any issue.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Agreed, nice move, delete all your posts but continue to thumbs down others posts. Classy move.

I don't follow you?

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

He is talking about the harvey dude .

I see said the blind man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 199.99
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.95
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 25.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 104.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside