(Topic ID: 329660)

170+ games from Italy

By Jkush18

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“170+ games from Italy”

• Tell me more… 5 votes
      17%
    • No way I’d take the risk 20 votes
      67%
    • I’m so down for this! 5 votes
      17%

(30 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230125_174226_eBay (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_173432_eBay (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230125-173412.png
    Screenshot_20230125_173050_eBay (resized).jpg
    popeyes.gif
    MarcoSpec2 (resized).jpg
    F3E60A3C-A54B-48E9-8C41-4FC7E0A14C24.jpeg
    2EEE3DDA-8913-4D2B-9789-2D30EF3EAB5B (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Wouldn’t it be interesting if a bunch of us got together to buy this lot!

ebay.com link: itm

#2 1 year ago

Add to the cost someone there to properly pack them for shipping. Load into a container nice and neat. And once in the USA, customs cost, even though returning the high value kicks it into another bracket.

Then unload the container and get games to who chipped in and who gets what.

And best go see the games in person. Could be some nice ones in pictures and the rest are crap.

These have popped up before, so likely value to do it isn't there or they would have sold before.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I'd be hopping a plane to italy if i were a serious buyer.

#4 1 year ago

three lebowskis? definitely some promising titles there. getting them across the pond in one piece would be the challenge, but definitely money to be made if someone wanted to take the risk. looks like a fun project.

#5 1 year ago

Better to buy a villa in Tuscany and keep them over there. But honestly, if this is legit (and I do not think it is), this would be way too big of a pain in the ass to ship them over the ocean. Trust me, I have sent shipping containers back and forth in the past and the process aged me 20 years.

#6 1 year ago

No harm in adding the auction to my watchlist.

I wonder what the winning bid will be? That's what the poll should be!

Does it get $500k? $800k? *Gulp* A million?!?!?

After Banning, I could see someone buying the lot and then auctioning everything off piecemeal.

Regardless, I'll be watching.

#7 1 year ago

Would be better if the museum up in the Netherlands receives them. They could simply truck them North while remaining inside the EU.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Shipping is only $1!!

Mental image of sellers shipping container crew…

2EEE3DDA-8913-4D2B-9789-2D30EF3EAB5B (resized).jpeg2EEE3DDA-8913-4D2B-9789-2D30EF3EAB5B (resized).jpeg
    #10 1 year ago

This guy has games listed on Pinside as well.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

This guy has games listed on Pinside as well.

F3E60A3C-A54B-48E9-8C41-4FC7E0A14C24.jpegF3E60A3C-A54B-48E9-8C41-4FC7E0A14C24.jpeg
    #12 1 year ago

I’ll chip in for a RBION

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

No harm in adding the auction to my watchlist.
    I wonder what the winning bid will be? That's what the poll should be!
    Does it get $500k? $800k? *Gulp* A million?!?!?
    After Banning, I could see someone buying the lot and then auctioning everything off piecemeal.
    Regardless, I'll be watching.

I have a feeling this auction won’t make it to the end before the deal is closed privately. If I was the seller I wouldn’t want for fork over selling fees on 300-400k etc!

#14 1 year ago

Too good to be true.

John

#15 1 year ago

If you do win the bid.... I would check the machines aren't loaded with narcotics prior to signing the shipping manifest.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

If you do win the bid.... I would check the machines aren't loaded with narcotics prior to signing the shipping manifest.

Um…great movie plot right here.

#17 1 year ago

It's just a way of advertising stock held, the company is Expand in Italy.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from ian866:

It's just a way of advertising stock held, the company is Expand in Italy.

definitely got my attention

#20 1 year ago

Same guy from which we've imported 5 or 6 containers worth over the years in Seattle. No one's been interested in recent years due to both high prices and high shipping.

Every time we're interested he says this might be your last chance to get a container as he's shutting the business down soon. Ebay auction only makes sense if he really finally is.

I was in on the last import in 2019. Picked up Radical! for 2200e + share of shipping. You have to be cynical about descriptions and have an eagle eye. Although he does show video of gameplay sometimes, and did on this game. I did well: powered up and played after conversion with only minor hacks, no cracks in ramps, and better than average playfield. Even had new blue LED displays.

I saved the full ad for my game, this was the description.

RADICAL 20190713-RADICAL €2200 very good , working 100% , FULL LED , good cabinet playfield display perfect boards ok .see video . New led display installed

I think I have the video too that advertised it. Yup, put it on youtube if anyone's curious.

And here's my Marco order to fix it up:

MarcoSpec2 (resized).jpgMarcoSpec2 (resized).jpg

Awhh, now I feel nostalgic for getting in on an import. It's just fun: the pictures, videos, selecting, unloading, meet-ups, power-up...

#21 1 year ago

The things I would do with some of those pins

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Now up tp $350,000.
    ebay.com link: itm

That’s still cheap couple grand a game. Even if they’re routed and need attention that’s still a deal imo.

#24 1 year ago

It’s not a real listing…

#25 1 year ago

I think it will be pulled before it ends today it’s up too 350 k or so but when u put duties shipping loading all that crap not sure it’s worth it and it’s it’s really true he won’t sell them for that he could get more selling one by one

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'd be hopping a plane to italy if i were a serious buyer.

Yup, and if deciding to close the deal, I'd be finalizing payment, taking possession and loading the container myself...

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Yup, and if deciding to close the deal, I'd be finalizing payment, taking possession and loading the container myself...

Yes for sure I would be all over seeing with my own eyes for sure

#28 1 year ago

Five Flintstones and four Lethal Weapon 3s!

popeyes.gifpopeyes.gif

#29 1 year ago

I contacted him, and he left his contact information to get the games list with individual prices. They're much higher than the auction: unless it reaches $500K+, he's not selling them. It just seems to be some extra promotion for his export business.

The LW3's prices range from € 2565 - 3145, the Flintstones are all € 3570. That should give you a good idea of where the pricing is.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

unless it reaches $500K+, he's not selling them. It just seems to be some extra promotion for his export business.

I'm really not that familiar with eBay. So...you can set a reserve but not disclose it?

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm really not that familiar with eBay. So...you can set a reserve but not disclose it?

No, he's either got a shill bidder or will cancel the auction.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

No, he's either got a shill bidder or will cancel the auction.

That seems...crappy.

#33 1 year ago

Auction ends in 5 minutes.

#34 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20230125_173050_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230125_173050_eBay (resized).jpg
    #35 1 year ago

Tree fiddy

Screenshot_20230125-173412.pngScreenshot_20230125-173412.png
    #36 1 year ago

SOLD $350K!

Potential great deal at only $2k per machine. Hopefully they're in decent condition for the buyer.

Screenshot_20230125_173432_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230125_173432_eBay (resized).jpg
    #37 1 year ago

Yes sold for 350 k US not a bad deal if they are good some are new too

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes sold for 350 k US not a bad deal if they are good some are new too

Saw that. And 3 Lebowskis as well.

Screenshot_20230125_174226_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230125_174226_eBay (resized).jpg
    #39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

SOLD $350K!

Potential great deal at only $2k per machine. Hopefully they're in decent condition for the buyer.

Can't possibly be real. There was almost $100K in NIB/new Sterns/JJ/Lebowskis/R&Ms alone.

There were 20 A-list B/W worth another 150+. Granted these are routed and need work, bit no ones gonna sell all these plus another 100 routed machines and the new ones for $350 without a reserve or a shill bidder.

#40 1 year ago

This is to good to be true. Thats under 2k per game.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Can't possibly be real. There was almost $100K in NIB/new Sterns/JJ/Lebowskis/R&Ms alone.
    There were 20 A-list B/W worth another 150+. Granted these are routed and need work, bit no ones gonna sell all these plus another 100 routed machines and the new ones for $350 without a reserve or a shill bidder.

It really makes no sense. Just sell the new games, the Lebowskis and the A list titles separately for a good deal. You'd make over $350k just off those alone. Lol

#42 1 year ago

Well so far seems too be true eBay ended and says sold someone here needs too find this out somehow

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

It really makes no sense. Just sell the new games, the Lebowskis and the A list titles separately for a good deal. You'd make over $350k just off those alone. Lol

Yes that’s for sure it’s a win win for the buyer

#44 1 year ago

I think I know who bought them. Won't say who, but if it's who I think, he and his business partner live in MI. Buying containers of games overseas and fixing them up to sell is what they do.

I hope they got them. They're great people.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I think I know who bought them. Won't say who, but if it's who I think, he and his business partner live in MI. Buying containers of games overseas and fixing them up to sell is what they do.
    I hope they got them. They're great people.

It was a shill auction, nobody got them…

#46 1 year ago

Maybe he sold them too him self too win and now he will list them one by one too make 3 times that

#47 1 year ago

Let’s be real here there was 6 or so NIB Pins plus the A tiles games which would add up too the sold price then u would still have 130 pins too sell off so who in the right mind would let them go for that low price if it was true

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/170-games-from-italy?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.