• 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-638.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

This is the main reason I will never, ever buy a JJP product. When the owner comes to an online forum and acts like a douche, that is a direct reflection of his business.
Stay off line dude, let your employees discuss things openly in a professional manner. Too many childish responses in my opinion.

I think you're dead wrong here bro. I don't care what anyone says, you gotta love it when the owner of the company himself comes into a thread, jumps into the fire and answers everyone's questions. To me, that's the EXACT reason why you want to do business with JJP. This guy sincerely cares.

On top of that, not only has his employees stepped up to the plate, but his own daughter came in and responded and took care of an issue. THAT is a company AND family that cares. That's who you should want to do business with my friend.

Quoted from yonizzell:

I don't usually post on these forums, but I must say that it is a little disconcerting reading about all the reported problems people are having with WOZ pinball machines. I have a fully paid THSE pinball machine on order with JJP. Jack, please tell me that you guys are going to make sure that TH pinball machines are going to be reliable before they ship (even if it means a longer wait for us). I spent a lot of money on that game and I want JJP to succeed and prosper, but I also want to get a machine I don't need to worry about fixing all the time!

OMG, let me tell you first hand brothah, I saw and played THLE at the Automated store in Orange CT. yesterday and it is absolutely...AWESOME!!! It plays like a beast and is built like a tank! You'll have a perfect machine that you can be proud to own and your family and friends will enjoy for years to come. No regrets for sure. Personally, TH may just become the new GOAT pin. Several were expressing the same sentiments yesterday.

So congrats to you on owning such an unbelievable piece of pinball technology and thanks to JJP and Jack himself for bringing TH to the party and personally walking everyone through the game.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I disagree....At any level, selling any product to the pinball community, being involved is not as easy as it seems.
When customers want us to be a "business" We need every duck in a row.
Product: The best possible. Anything Wrong, will be common knowledge. Like rubber necking for an accident, Human behavior shows that if one looks at a restaurant review, with 500 positives, the 6 negatives are what are read most.
Customers, want, expect, and in a social media world share their expectations of perfection.
Yes, the "for the money I spent, I expect XYZ, is always true"
Service: Regardless of the several businesses I own or have been involved in, the service "litmus test" has been the need for not only the most perfect service, but immediate service.
It has always been, "for the money I spent, I expect XYZ in service, is always true"
I am not disagreeing here, I am referring to expectations.
Goodness, I know how hard Alex, Lloyd, Jack and Jen, and their crew work for customer satisfaction.
I have received myself, but if it isnt perfect, or exactly what a customer expects or wants, Public forums take the minority of issues and magnify it.
In the pinball model here, where service is needed here, sometimes, and rightfully so, full on site
service is needed. However, the cost logistics of a national service team are daunting, and too costly for the volume. We are conditioned by our other purchases in life, and often set standards from this to other purchases.
It is as simple as hearing why I cant provide same day shipping "like Amazon".
While I am a preferred Vendor in an impossible Amazon category, Margins are so tight, I cant expense
staff costs, and add that into price and still be competitive.
None of this is an excuse, but more about our expectations as consumers...our experiences, and
what we feel is best.
Did this Op have issues? Sure. Was it handled maybe as best as possible, I guess not. Should it be
(or anything sold today), held to all levels of standards, and when not perfect, create a sense of drama and negativity? Well Yes and no. Only in the sense, that we gravitate to the minority, and the negative.
Personally, I may not agree with all the business practices of JJP, but what I do agree with is the People behind this are people. Jack, Jen, and the whole staff, pour their heart into this project and company. Yes, it is their choice, and it is for money as it is a business. But they do so from their heart, with a passion for their customers.
Id rather share my gratitude for all they have done, then to share the smaller points of errors.
We are all better off with the fact a Pinball company has come into existence to bring us more Toys. Yes, Toys.
Address the Ops issues only.
Since those at JJP are watching this, please allow me at this time again for a Huge Public Thank You, for all you have done, all you will do, and all the Joy your hard work has brought me personally, my family, and all those enjoying WOZ. A round of applause with my personal thanks, and
as I see the Holidays.....The Spirit of Goodwill and all it means to Those at JJP, and all at pinside.
Lets find a way to make this more positive.
All vendors are people too.
(please excuse my soap box, HTT, attitude)

Well said from a great guy and businessman. Art straight up gets it and if you've ever been lucky enough to meet and have a convo with him, you know how intelligent he is and what a great businessman he is as well. You can take what he says to the bank!

Additionally, NOTHING in life is perfect. Just look in the mirror. So say what you will about JJP and some bad things that happened with some light boards, WOZ is a killer game and amazing machine (Definitely the most gorgeous machine ever made) that has changed pinball forever and took it to a whole new level and has set a new standard within the industry. JJP is pushing the envelope here and other companies are following suit. This is great for everyone.

So I'd just like to personally say thank you to Jack and the entire JJP team for going WAYYYY out on the limb to design, create and release a game that was so far advanced and beyond what anyone has ever imagined a pinball machine could be. WOZ is straight up pin bliss in every way, shape, form and sense of the word! What a way to start your company. I mean, WOZ for your companies first pin!? WOWOW!!!! WOZ isn't just a home run, it's a GRAND SLAM! And you wanna what's really crazy and beyond amazing? Dare I say it, but The Hobbit is...EVEN BETTER!!! WTG JJP!!!

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This, I agree.
Perhaps in the future, often because issues are known much later, all the hard work from Lloyd and Alex, the work your staff did, the work individuals have done, could be in a container a bit better then posts.
Just that link alone, might save a great deal of time and angst.
I know I start with a search first for an issue. But for the novice, I one place to look in the
easiest of formats, might be a good idea.
While I dont know you personally, op, and all I know is in this thread, perhaps a solution
to your needs, your customer needs, and JJP, can be reached in private.
Sadly, it really is about your issues, and this spills into the community as a whole.
I am not judging or even implying this is wrong, I am referring to the vertical issues of potential customers for JJP and any work you and your company do.
Its the bandwagon of a witch hunt, when it seems to start, takes the heart out of people.
I would hope all we all want is the same thing.
Finding a way to achieve this for the positive, is more my opinion, and as the other threads going on,
I would hope a better, less, "accident on the side of the road" approach can be taken.
None of us enjoy the traffic, complain about the traffic, but contribute by slowing down and looking ourselves....human nature.
But it is a Beautiful Sunday Everywhere....Kumbaya.....maybe one thread can move into a positive solution... The issues have been shared, the accident has been removed from the highway, (maybe not gone), and I truly hope that this thread can be removed from the "angst" pile from both parties,
so you may find an answer, a solution, and well earned peace and rest for both.....
I know both parties work their asses off, and share the same good values as people.

AMEN BROTHAH!

Like I said, Art is a super intelligent businessman that gets it. Very wise words to live by my friends.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/17-wozs-sold-17-had-to-work-on-right-out-of-the-box?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.