Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-638.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I love you Chris

I love you too Chris.

LTG : )

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I love you Chris even though Alex dissed ya ! lol

Pffft... That's it. I take back everything nice I said about you guys. Y'all stink

#153 4 years ago

I love you, too, Chris. It's just that I love Lloyd, Alex, and Joe just a little bit more. And that's only bad if we were in a Sophie's Choice situation...

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah and we bend absolutely backwards to support our customers. JT from pincades along with our thousands of customers attest to that. Problems get solved when we get looped in.

You and I butt heads sometimes but I can only say great things about you and the team at JJP when it comes to customer support.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Obviously there are a lot of different ways to run a company, some more succcessful than others. I have no dog in this hunt, so to speak, but I do know with whom I am willing to do business. I cannot defend Dale's position from a customer' perspective; some of you obviously can. I do know which distributors support their products, and i will spend my money there. I wish you all the best, but this argument is going nowhere. i am signing off on this as we all have better things to do.
Peace.

We supported this product you act as if this was the only customer service call we made but they were several others we had to make on the other machines we sold here. As in the customer you said we deserted that is so not true we were out 4 times and each time something new so there comes a point when you have to say time for something different. I told my customer I would try to get them a replacement game but that fell thru. I have 2 pinball techs one has been doing it for 40 years and for you to say it was amateur hour is really not fair not knowing my guys. These guys have fixed more pinball machines than you have seen in your life time. Hell George set the 1st Pongs out on route in Nashville. LOOK I am not saying JJP pinball is bad but the process is. I have called Jack several times and he has always be kind enough to take my calls but what he told me and what has happen is different. Then you had Drew giving me delivery dates to tell my customers that were never kept. Then you have Jen God bless her heart of having me call her to see where my games were when those dates were not honored so you hates me and tells me not to call her no more . She is my contact so as a retailer I feel as if I am being left out in the cold. At one time I had paid over 35000.00 and had to trust I would get my games because they had my money and Drew said I would. When I was getting the brush off from Jen and what seemed to lied to from Drew you lose a little faith. I think Jacks pinballs are great new machines and love playing it and I could sell a lot of them but I have to know they will be fixed no matter where they are. The worst thing that could happen is ship a game across the US and it breaks and there is no support and the 1st thing a customer is going to do is charge their card back. Then we are out the fee's and shipping and the cost of shipping the machine back and the cost of buying the machine in the 1st place. I did not start this to bash JJP but more so to be able to tell Jack what i the retailer was going thru and I think when things are bought to light in public you tend to pay more attention to it. So maybe Jack should have a round table meeting with the retailers selling his pins and make list and come up with solutions to problems. I also think JJP should not sell to the public cheaper than I can. I only want good things for JJP and hope they succeed but like I have said Jack fix this.

#156 4 years ago

*shrug* I bought my WOZ from automated, I had some problems out of the box. I never demanded that Mike from Automated fly out and fix my machine, lol. I simply posted on pinside first, eventually having someone pass me along Alex' contact info, he called me, 15 minutes later, poof, fixed (SSD went bad, swapped in my own extra till Lloyd hooked me up with the replacement). From then on, I knew who to call and email for help and subsequent issues got repaired with little issue. Here i am a year+ later and having no issues and thoroughly enjoying the pin. Worth every penny. )

I think getting help and support from JJP on a pin purchased should be the least of concern IMHO.

Thanks Jack, Alex, Lloyd, Sal, Ken, Jen and the rest of the squad for the stellar support.

#157 4 years ago

I did not start this to bash JJP but more so to be able to tell Jack what i the retailer was going thru and I think when things are bought to light in public you tend to pay more attention to it. So maybe Jack should have a round table meeting with the retailers selling his pins and make list and come up with solutions to problems. I also think JJP should not sell to the public cheaper than I can. I only want good things for JJP and hope they succeed but like I have said Jack fix this.

Dale - on Saturday I sent you an e mail and asked you to call me - you said you would but you never called me. You keep posting here in the hopes of what? Saying the same thing over and over?

You got your games late - like everyone else and that's done, old story - sorry.

The games we had to send people out to fix - done - we paid for them to be fixed - one guy had every RGB wire unplugged by your technician - no wonder he spent 8 hours trying to hammer a round peg into a square hole.

Please - give it a rest - life is too short - you made your point - I suck - you are great - OK -

Rule #1 - The customer is always right. If not see rule #2

Rule #2 - See Rule #1

DONE - Move on - nothing else to see here......for my Friend in Canada - sorry to be a Douche but I will continue to post wherever I like. Thanks. Jack

#158 4 years ago

Just a tangent question here, but if you buy HUO from another owner, is there any warranty or continued free replacement for failed parts?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Just a tangent question here, but if you buy HUO from another owner, is there any warranty or continued free replacement for failed parts?

The Limited warranty is for the Original Owner. Although we will support all of our games in and out of the Limited Warranty...

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I did not start this to bash JJP but more so to be able to tell Jack what i the retailer was going thru and I think when things are bought to light in public you tend to pay more attention to it. So maybe Jack should have a round table meeting with the retailers selling his pins and make list and come up with solutions to problems. I also think JJP should not sell to the public cheaper than I can. I only want good things for JJP and hope they succeed but like I have said Jack fix this.
Dale - on Saturday I sent you an e mail and asked you to call me - you said you would but you never called me. You keep posting here in the hopes of what? Saying the same thing over and over?
You got your games late - like everyone else and that's done, old story - sorry.
The games we had to send people out to fix - done - we paid for them to be fixed - one guy had every RGB wire unplugged by your technician - no wonder he spent 8 hours trying to hammer a round peg into a square hole.
Please - give it a rest - life is too short - you made your point - I suck - you are great - OK -
Rule #2 - See Rule #1
DONE - Move on - nothing else to see here......for my Friend in Canada - sorry to be a Douche but I will continue to post wherever I like. Thanks. Jack

This is the best post I have seen on Pinside since joining 2 years ago! Like i stated on page 1, Rev is just disgruntled and bad news. Rev just stay with your early 90s pins and flip them. No need for you to attempt fixing and selling modern pinball machines.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Rule #2 - See Rule #1

You have to love this approach. This is why I will continue to purchase JJP's products, and will support them in any way I can if asked. There are some outstanding distributors representing JJP, and I am fortunate to be working through one of them.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

This is the best post I have seen on Pinside since joining 2 years ago! Like i stated on page 1, Rev is just disgruntled and bad news. Rev just stay with your early 90s pins and flip them. No need for you to attempt fixing and selling modern pinball machines.

Jack you are wrong I have said totally opposite you do not suck I like your WOZ and cannot keep them on the floor. But where you failed is in the people you had dealing with us. We had no support and when I spoke to you about I told you we would do the repairs at our shop rate of 75.00 per hour and you told me there is no way I pay techs that much. And if you really stand by rule 1 then I am right because I was your customer. If I were in your shoes this thread would shed a lot of light in where I could improve. I wish you the best Jack I think your pin is amazing you just need better support. And these guys here that say yeah Alex and JJP team walked them thru fixing there pin is not fair. The guys on here are pinheads and know their way around a pinball where most all of my buyers for WOZ are 1 st pin owners and know very little. And by the way Alex is such a asset for you you should double his pay.

#163 4 years ago

He can double my pay every day for the next ten years and it still won't be $75 an hour.

And just to be clear most of the people I help are first time buyers and NOT pinheads. I spend hours upon hours on the phone with them to fix even the simplest of problem all the while explaining to them how to troubleshoot in the future because that's what customer service is about.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

When a distributor decides to go to pinside to air his problems, something is way off.
I know nothing of the distributor who started this thread (since I live in another part of the world ) but I can say that I would never even think about buying something from someone who decides to go this route.
It is extremely unprofessional, to say the least and I do not envy any pinball company that has to go through this stuff. Stuff that should be handled in private, no matter the reason.

You might want to tell Jack and Alex about talking online.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

You might want to tell Jack and Alex about talking online.

We do talk. Using proper syntax in the process.

#166 4 years ago

Honestly this subject has been in circles for too long.

I vote to have this thread locked.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Honestly this subject has been in circles for too long.
I vote to have this thread locked.

Shouldn't the op make that call?

#168 4 years ago

I vote we vote on if the vote should count.

#169 4 years ago

I agree time to lock it

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He can double my pay every day for the next ten years and it still won't be $75 an hour.
And just to be clear most of the people I help are first time buyers and NOT pinheads. I spend hours upon hours on the phone with them to fix even the simplest of problem all the while explaining to them how to troubleshoot in the future because that's what customer service is about.

So you support pinball machines for zero pay. What is wrong with this picture. I have a pile of junker EM's you could come by and fix for me if you are bored.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

So you support pinball machines for zero pay. What is wrong with this picture. I have a pile of junker EM's you could come by and fix for me if your are bored.

He has other jobs that pay. Some people work more than one job, and some people do some jobs for free because they're passionate about it. But then you know that since you troll for free.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

The Limited warranty is for the Original Owner. Although we will support all of our games in and out of the Limited Warranty...

It would be a breath of fresh air to see Jack plainly state "JJP warrants the RGB LED boards in the Wizard of Oz pinball machine against manufacturing defects for ten years from date of purchase for any game sold through an authorized distributor" instead of the usual dancing around the issue with the term "support".

Because quite frankly, "support" has *zero* meaning when it comes time to sell that HUO game so the original purchaser can buy another (perhaps JJP) game - particularly in the case of WOZ where the original RGB LED board design was (apparently) very sensitive to environmental issues.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

So you support pinball machines for zero pay. What is wrong with this picture. I have a pile of junker EM's you could come by and fix for me if you are bored.

I do more than just support for free. I do core development and platform engineering too. FOR FREE. And I'm damn proud of it too. I will continue to do so until such time that it is no longer needed. And then I'll still help on my own personal time. I love what I do and I love pinball. It isn't my source of income so I made a conscious decision to help out a new pinball company that I had no prior dealings or experience with because I saw an opportunity to assist in furthering their amazing product. Who wouldn't want to be part of that? Not many would take a leap of faith like that and invest potentially thousands of hours into something but after meeting Jack and the team it was obvious for me.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I do more than just support for free. I do core development and platform engineering too. FOR FREE. And I'm damn proud of it too. I will continue to do so until such time that it is no longer needed. And then I'll still help on my own personal time. I love what I do and I love pinball. It isn't my source of income so I made a conscious decision to help out a new pinball company that I had no prior dealings or experience with because I saw an opportunity to assist in furthering their amazing product. Who wouldn't want to be part of that? Not many would take a leap of faith like that and invest potentially thousands of hours into something but after meeting Jack and the team it was obvious for me.

Have you opensourced your work if you are doing it for love of the game? I'm just curious.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I saw an opportunity to assist in furthering their amazing product.

That is what I saw. A chance to be part of something very special.

LTG : )

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My opinion of you just changed completely. Good on ya mate.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Have you opensourced your work if you are doing it for love of the game? I'm just curious.

Open Source has nothing to do with anything. You really are just a troll. I agree with the previous sentiment.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

My opinion of you just changed completely. Good on ya mate.

Me, too. This is a creepy stalker kind of vibe that totally creeps me out. Please put me on your ignore list, pinchroma. At least LTG is in the bidness and has an understandable reason for what he does.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Me, too. This is a creepy stalker kind of vibe that totally creeps me out. Please put me on your ignore list, pinchroma. At least LTG is in the bidness and has an understandable reason for what he does.

I can't believe I'm going to feed the troll on this, but...
...why is it so hard for you to understand someone who enjoys this hobby enough that he wanted to help a genuine innovator get off the ground and see where it goes?

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I can't believe I'm going to feed the troll on this, but...
...why is it so hard for you to understand someone who enjoys this hobby enough that he wanted to help a genuine innovator get off the ground and see where it goes?

Because he really doesn't enjoy this hobby. His hobby is trolling, not pinball.

#182 4 years ago

I am guessing sad sak is either a dupe account, or someone who was previously banned.......or a newb that just happens to know all the hot buttons to push to piss people off. This will be the very first time I use our ignore feature..woohoooo..
bye bye

#183 4 years ago

That is too cool, even posts on this thread from him instantly vanish!

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I am guessing sad sak is either a dupe account, or someone who was previously banned.......or a newb that just happens to know all the hot buttons to push to piss people off. This will be the very first time I use our ignore feature..woohoooo..
bye bye

It definitely is a dupe account or a previously banned. My guess is the latter. Why not just show everyone's ip. No one can hide behind a fake persona. It's easy to ban known proxy blocks too. That would eliminate most of the problem. But I digress. Ignored just the same.

#185 4 years ago

I've installed and worked on several new woz machines including one of the first prototypes put on location. JJP has had issues and so have the games but the one thing I can give them an A for is after the sale customer service. Never had a problem getting help. Have had many new parts sent quickly and free. Screwed up once myself and they were very understanding.

The location game at Marvin's in Michigan has had many many plays and is still chugging along and earning great. Overall downtime is low...maybe a couple days over the past year.

#186 4 years ago

First person I have used ignore on too.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from rlevin:

I agree time to lock it

Locking the thread is discretionary on the mods part. The truth is this thread has made me like and want to support JJP even more. It was nice hearing from him, Alex, and so many of his distributors that are not having issues...I feel like if I buy a WOZ soon if won't be a pain to keep running.

Be all that as it may, I'm locking this thread as it seems to have run its course. Good luck to JJP and their team, I'm excited about y'all's future and look forward to my first game from y'all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 11,500.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
$ 11,500.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside