(Topic ID: 227631)

$1.6 BILLION dollars

By SilverUnicorn

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3547 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

Winning the lottery is often a curse, as strange as that may sound. Many lives have been wrecked because of it. Some winners have even committed suicide because they were so miserable. It introduces problems that people never even considered before they won. Once you have enough money to survive and be reasonably comfortable adding more often does more harm than good. It’s counterintuitive, like many things in life.
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4176128/powerball-jackpot-lottery-winners

I'll take my chances. For me, it's the same dream as always. Buy a bunch of land on a lake and build several nice, but not extravagant, houses for myself and close family. Probably a guest house or two for visiting friends. Then my major buy would be a great community center with social areas, group dining, small theater, game room, multipurpose gym, pool, etc. The extravagant things that many say they want in their dream house. I want those things to be accessible to family and friends, without them needing to come to my house. Plus, down the road, perhaps it just becomes a private homeowners group. Though 1.6 billion is "generational wealth".

Quoted from woody24:

Dreams dreams. One thing I'd be doing with some of that money is buying an old downtown warehouse building in a city that I figure out later. Use the freight elevator to haul my collection of muscle cars up to the second floor for storage and display. Then on another floor or section of that building, build the ultimate arcade. All the machines I played from the mid 80's to the 90's.

I think that sounds pretty cool. I had a similar idea about buying an old theater. Would be cool to combine the two and have the old theater and a brick warehouse-style building next to it to renovate into a barcade / sports bar. I'd keep it open to the public as a business, but have a special VIP section for myself and friends. I guess that depends on how close I want to live to a city, large enough to support a business like this.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I never understand why people daydream about billion dollar payouts but just can’t get excited about a $10 million lotto ticket.

For me, I know buying tickets is pretty pointless, but I like to have the "what if" dream once or twice a year, so I do so when the jackpots are huge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/16-billion-dollars?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.