(Topic ID: 227631)

$1.6 BILLION dollars

By SilverUnicorn

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3547 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lancestorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

All you need is 1 ticket ($2). Buying one ticket significantly increases your odds from 0 in 302 million to 1 in 302 million. Subsequent numbers do verrrry little to increase your chances (2 - xx in 302 million).

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

A big problem is the winner’s names are made public. That makes sense and is necessary to ensure the lottery isn’t rigged. But once everyone knows you recieved a windfall it changes how they interact with you. Loved ones and friends come out of the woodwork to put the touch on you. The only way I can see to avoid that is to publicly donate all the money to charity. That would be rewarding and fun and would avoid all the headaches.

Not all states. Lots of states you can claim it as a trust and go unidentified. Best scenario if you can be patient and gather a team and set the wheels in motion.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Who wouldn't be just as happy winning $1 Million dollars? I'd rather they ran it like a Raffle and made 1600 millionaires. They are just using human nature to drive up their own income... an unrealistic jackpot size with unrealistic odds to win.

Depends what makes you happy. $1M is maybe $600k after taxes. Most can't retire on $600k. It would make life more comfortable, and could retire sooner, but not immediately like the big jackpots.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Well I am in and if I win it I will buy every current pinsider from this date a brand new pinball machine!

51,845 pinsiders x $6000 (Stern pro + shipping) = $311,070,000.

You'd still have a couple hundred million left over.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Wait, who wouldn't be happy winning $600k cash?

You had originally said “just” as happy winning 1m vs grand prize. There’s a huge difference in happy levels bw the two of you ask me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lancestorm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/16-billion-dollars?tu=lancestorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.