(Topic ID: 227631)

$1.6 BILLION dollars

By SilverUnicorn

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3547 (resized).jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

12 - 36 - 47 - 21 - 59

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

participating
    Fun (or discouraging) facts:

There are over 302 million possible combinations of numbers
    Something like 280 million tickets were sold for last Friday's drawing. Assuming everyone that played bought 20 tickets each, thats 14 million people who thought they were going to win.
    There have been 24 or 25 Mega millions drawings since the last time someone won it all

Some of the anonymous trust names of previous winners are pretty funny:

$142 million won by the ABC XYZ Trust with a ticket purchased in Moraine, Ohio
    $451 million won by Secret 007, LLC, of Port Richey, Fla.
    $49 million won by the It Will Buy Me a Boat Revocable Trust of Rockwall, Texas
    June 27, 2014 - $33 million won by the 6-27-14 Revocable Trust of Houston, Texas

There are different reasons to take it in a trust for sure. But anonymity might not be the main reason, or if it is, does it work?? It took me 2 seconds of Google to find a name for this one. She is definitely not anonymous. Cue the crazy people.

RELEASE DATE: 5/31/2018

CINCINNATI, OH – Ohio’s latest Mega Millions jackpot winner has claimed the prize in trust. The $142 million prize, drawn May 4, 2018, was claimed by “The ABC XYZ Trust,” Emily S. Pan, trustee.

On May 14, 2018 Emily S. Pan became the lucky winner of the latest Mega Millions Jackpot. She is now the proud owner of 142 million dollars. Emily claimed her prize as the ‘ABC XYZ Trust’. A gambling tax has to be paid before she can enjoy her prize.

Another 2 seconds of Google shows that "Secret 007 LLC" is hardly a secret. Its a dude named Shane Missler. Cue the stalkers!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/20-year-claims-451-million-jackpot-hopes-good/story?id=52311610

#103 5 years ago

Itll probably be someone in New Jersey or FLorida.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Itll probably be someone in New Jersey or FLorida.

Or Hopkins, MN

LTG : )

#105 5 years ago

Check for skeletons in the closet.

#106 5 years ago

Do the tickets from the previous rollovers still count?

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtdouble:

Do the tickets from the previous rollovers still count?

No.

#108 5 years ago

im from canada and cant buy it.. but i would jump in with a fellow pinsider... $20 american if anybody wanted too...

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

There are different reasons to take it in a trust for sure. But anonymity might not be the main reason, or if it is, does it work??

I didn't look into them too much, just got a laugh from the trust names and assumed they were trying to be secretive. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

If you did win and wanted to remain somewhat covert it seems like the best thing to do would be to legally change your name, claim the prize and just go by your old name. Rotate Google voice phone numbers every few months. Maybe open a PO box.

And the best scheme would be to tell people you matched 5 numbers but not the last digit and won the million prize. This justifies some out of the ordinary spending while minimizing someone asking you for 250k to start a business

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

I didn't look into them too much, just got a laugh from the trust names and assumed they were trying to be secretive. But that doesn't appear to be the case.
    If you did win and wanted to remain somewhat covert it seems like the best thing to do would be to legally change your name, claim the prize and just go by your old name. Rotate Google voice phone numbers every few months. Maybe open a PO box.
    And the best scheme would be to tell people you matched 5 numbers but not the last digit and won the million prize. This justifies some out of the ordinary spending while minimizing someone asking you for 250k to start a business

The name thing change won't work, its been tried Your last idea about saying you won only a million is pretty good. But it still won't work. Everyone will know the winning ticket was bought in your area, they will figure out it was you.

#111 5 years ago

Negating the mental entertainment value, by my rough estimation at the current odds it makes mathematical sense to buy 2-3 tickets.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Negating the mental entertainment value, by my rough estimation at the current odds it makes mathematical sense to buy 2-3 tickets.

Exactly why I bought three.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

The name thing change won't work, its been tried Your last idea about saying you won only a million is pretty good. But it still won't work. Everyone will know the winning ticket was bought in your area, they will figure out it was you.

I travel for work. I try to buy them away from home.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Exactly why I bought three.

I travel for work. I try to buy them away from home.

That will work, good idea!

#114 5 years ago

I told everyone I came in contact with today I would give them a million dollars if I won. So when they win they say hey that Bob guy is alright, I better give him a million bucks

#115 5 years ago

WOAH, I won!!!!

A whopping $4. Unfortunately I don't think I can share after taxes

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

WOAH, I won!!!!

You did better than most.

#117 5 years ago

If you won, you didn't do better than most as LTG claims but you are now screwed... Or as some would say FUBAR. GLWTROYL, and I mean it.

#118 5 years ago

I’m sorry to report I do not have the winning ticket...no pinball machines for all of Pinside...sorry. It’s a sad day.

#119 5 years ago

I won $2 on a $20 investment.

Two of your cheapest scratch offs please sir.

#120 5 years ago

One Winner in South Carolina!!!

#121 5 years ago

Sold through The South Carolina Education Lottery....

#122 5 years ago

The winner of this appears to be a young man that lives just down the road from here. He has not come forward yet, and may not ever as SC doesn't require winners to reveal themselves. He is a 20 year old team leader at the ZF transmission plant in Gray Court, SC (or he was, he apparently no longer works there for obvious reasons). Word is he went to work as usual this morning and found out that the winner was from SC. Went to the break room mid morning to check tickets he bought yesterday, turned around and told the people in the break room he was a billionaire then walked straight out the door and to his car and left. Didn't come back, friends and co-workers there haven't been able to reach him, deleted his Facebook account this afternoon, etc.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Player1:

The winner of this appears to be a young man that lives just down the road from here. He has not come forward yet, and may not ever as SC doesn't require winners to reveal themselves. He is a 20 year old team leader at the ZF transmission plant in Gray Court, SC (or he was, he apparently no longer works there for obvious reasons). Word is he went to work as usual this morning and found out that the winner was from SC. Went to the break room mid morning to check tickets he bought yesterday, turned around and told the people in the break room he was a billionaire then walked straight out the door and to his car and left. Didn't come back, friends and co-workers there haven't been able to reach him, deleted his Facebook account this afternoon, etc.

I hope he can handle the responsibility. That is a very young age to be handed so much money. He already made a mistake by letting his coworkers know he is the winner. Now he can’t retreat into the safety and comfort of remaining anonymous. He was probably too excited to stay quiet but will almost certainly regret telling others. Hopefully he won’t be kidnapped or murdered, as has happened to other winners of much smaller jackpots.

#124 5 years ago

first thing i would do if i won, is move the fuck out of south carolina

#125 5 years ago

At least Oregon mentions the obvious on their billboards....

IMAG3547 (resized).jpgIMAG3547 (resized).jpg
    #126 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I won $2 on a $20 investment.
    Two of your cheapest scratch offs please sir.

What you have now reported to the world is you 'invested' with a ROI (nearly best case) of only 10%. What does this tell the world about you and your decision making process?!?

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/16-billion-dollars/page/3?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.