Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PismoArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-A6 (resized).jpg
saw (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 3.36.28 PM (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

This is an expensive hobby.

https://www.thepinballgallery.com/shop-1

Shopping Cart

#2 2 years ago

Either this company is smoking crack, or I'm in the wrong business..

#3 2 years ago

While the prices are KooKoo, I am enthralled by the Bally See Saw backglass that does not appear to have a see saw in the art.

Great, now I have to go look it up on IPDB.

Marcus

#4 2 years ago

It's a pity because the seller claims to have around 150 NOS glasses, but has an utterly bonkers pricing methodology.

https://www.thepinballgallery.com/pricing

Items are worth more to some people than they are to others as value is a personal issue.

Although some prices can be determined by supply and demand. Value can have an impact on demand, so consequently has some impact on price, but it is a secondary determinate. For example, I played Pinball in high school and hold Pinball EM Pinball Art in high regard. So I might personally value a rare Backglass at $10,000, far above the supply and demand prevailing price.

If offered less my price would remain constant. If the best offer is $2500, it doesn’t mean that the backglass value is $2500, it just means that $2500 is not a good price for me, since it’s below the value that I personally place on the glass.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I am enthralled by the Bally See Saw backglass that does not appear to have a see saw in the art.

It was not a theme about a teetertaughter, it was a theme about going to the drive-in and seeing the original Saw.

saw (resized).jpg

image-A6 (resized).jpg

#6 2 years ago

You've got Shay Arcade and Ron Webb. If they don't have the glass, you send it to bgresto. That's all I really need. Plan on sending out Ding Dong to bgresto next week. I'm sure it'll turn out nice.
NOS doesn't really matter to me when a repro looks just as good. 10K for a NOS backglass when a $275 repro looks just as good. Oh well, sales are probably non existence.

#7 2 years ago

This is a joke right?

#8 2 years ago

I've got a Hokus Pokus glass in my cart. I'm sending them a money order drafted on a Nigerian bank account.

#9 2 years ago

I'd suggest the price is in Peso's, but it'd still be too much!

#10 2 years ago

Are you starting a gofundme for the 45K?

#11 2 years ago

Offer someone 14k for their cq Captain Fantastic, get a whole game, and save 1k!

#12 2 years ago

I seen these same NOS BGs for sale before from some guy in Rendondo Beach, Calif i think
Though the price may have gone up a few thousand since last I saw.

#13 2 years ago

You guys know nothing about collecting! Clearly this seller is putting these prices because he wants to collect all the backglasses to himself..

#14 2 years ago

It says they buy backglasses.

I'd gladly give a 50% commission fee at those prices.

#15 2 years ago

Hopefully the Captain Fantastic glass is without the stars. Otherwise, $14,000.00 tops.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

This is an expensive hobby.

If I were you, I'd start the bidding at $14,999 and work down from there.

#17 2 years ago

Hopefully those prices include shipping and installation.

#18 2 years ago

From the seller's site: "If offered less my price would remain constant. If the best offer is$2500, it doesn’t mean that the backglass value is $2500......."

Actually, that's exactly what it means. The value is only in the price that someone is willing to pay. Otherwise I could just claim that the value of a pair of my dirty socks is $1,000,000.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Hopefully those prices include shipping

Lol, Nope!

"If you are interested in a specific backglass we can arrange to shiipping [sic] using UPS in Los Angeles. UPS does all of our packing and shipping that includes insurance and special handling. We will arrange all shipping with UPS and you will be billed directly from UPS.
Wheb [sic] paid you will be notified and issued a tracking number and shipping status.

As an aside, no pinball event since the New York City attack in 1942 destroyed more pinball backglass except for trying to ship them for under $150 bucks."

Having a website with properly spelled words would raise the price of the backglasses at least by another $5,000.

#20 2 years ago

When you have to dedicate large sections of your website to justify your mind-bending prices, well. . .

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

While the prices are KooKoo, I am enthralled by the Bally See Saw backglass that does not appear to have a see saw in the art.
Great, now I have to go look it up on IPDB.
Marcus

Meh, that's the German version of See Saw. He should price it in Euros at the spot rate

#22 2 years ago

Just when you think you have seen it all.
Crazy is not even a strong enough word here. lol.

#23 2 years ago

I'll sell all my backglasses at half that price. Then I can retire!

#24 2 years ago

These aren't pinball machine backglasses - they're works of art! Just ask him.................

#25 2 years ago

They'll never truly be works of art because they are all reproductions. The original art renderings for most of these "copies" are probably long gone. Countering his inane logic, what's the difference between an NOS glass, and a perfect one that was used in a game? Absolutely nothing from what I figure!

#26 2 years ago

Damn , I could use a nicer backglass for my hokus pokus but that price is just a bit too high .

#27 2 years ago

Wish i were closer.

#28 2 years ago

I actually emailed this clown and asked if there was a mistake with too many zeros or where the decimal point was at.
Here is the reply:

"Jack,

The prices you are seeing are for EM NOS very rare vintage backglasses. They have been stored and maintained since the early 70's and some may be the last ones left on this planet. They are used as art templates to create very accurate silk screened and or digital reproductions.

Notification:

We are think about making some of the reproductons inhouse. If you are interested in purchasing one let me know the title and I will notify you when we have enough orders to justify going forward. The price will be
$500 plus shipping."

Maybe P.P.S. would want know about this? They can send out one of those famous letters!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I actually emailed this clown and asked if there was a mistake with too many zeros or where the decimal point was at.
Here is the reply:
"Jack,
The prices you are seeing are for EM NOS very rare vintage backglasses. They have been stored and maintained since the early 70's and some may be the last ones left on this planet. They are used as art templates to create very accurate silk screened and or digital reproductions.
Notification:
We are think about making some of the reproductons inhouse. If you are interested in purchasing one let me know the title and I will notify you when we have enough orders to justify going forward. The price will be
$500 plus shipping."
Maybe P.P.S. would want know about this? They can send out one of those famous letters!

Whatever he's schmokin', he's schmokin' a lot of it!

#30 2 years ago

They now list Spin-a-Card as "sold".

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Burlington, VT
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 149.00
$ 120.00
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside