Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jam_Burglar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bilbo.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball.jpg
7.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

The Answer is?

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The Answer is?

My mother in law??

#54 6 years ago

Truth is they don't have the money to fund building them so your money does that its abvious to everyone already. If you want it first and don't wana wait you pay up front and wait. Its a new company not fully established yet so maybe after they figure it all out won't have to be crazy like this.

#55 6 years ago

Like I said......

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Like I said......

I take it your wife is not on Pinside!

#57 6 years ago

I just assume great news at the pinball expo

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

exactly. point is, I don't think we can credit WOZ for why this is in ST. I don't really see a lot of copying going on with any of the new pins. The only person getting "ripped off" is jpop's older designs (hammer and lamp).

No, nothing is copied from WOZ...unless you count the RGB LEDs for all inserts and GI.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, nothing is copied from WOZ...unless you count the RGB LEDs for all inserts and GI.

If ST looks like the woz light show I'll be ecstatic.

#60 6 years ago

was wondering if the scores on the hobbit will be low, like in woz, no millions.
that would be a big let down for me.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Maybe not, but I can still see why Balcer would be worried about releasing too much, if you are striving to stay ahead of the competition, it would be best to keep you cards close to your chest for as long as possible. Especially with release still so far away. If you released detailed information about the game now, other companies would have a year or more before Hobbit is released to come up with something to respond to it.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The Answer is?

No, it's spfxted's mother in law after all.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yes, thanks, that's where I read about Balcer not wanting to reveal too much of the design

Don't shoot the messenger. Would you prefer me to interview designers and not share the transcripts with anyone else? I can understand where Joe is coming from (an era where nothing was announced upfront). Publishing the layout was already not something he was comfortable with. Personally I'd like to see updates on a regular basis, like Jack did with WoZ, or Ben Heck is doing with AMH. I also like to bring scoops, but if there aren't any scoops shared the best I can bring is what I've been told, right?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Don't shoot the messenger. Would you prefer me to interview designers and not share the transcripts with anyone else? I can understand where Joe is coming from (an era where nothing was announced upfront). Publishing the layout was already not something he was comfortable with. Personally I'd like to see updates on a regular basis, like Jack did with WoZ, or Ben Heck is doing with AMH. I also like to bring scoops, but if there aren't any scoops shared the best I can bring is what I've been told, right?

Absolutely, I'm not shooting the messenger, my 'thanks' was sincere not sarcastic. These were excellent interviews and gave us a great insight into the thinking of some of the people behind WOZ, please continue with your good work. As I said two posts up from yours, I can also understand Balcer's position. So...thanks again for providing them (I really mean it).

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Especially when we are threatened on them already having 3k of our money and that if we are not on time with our next pymt the price will go up.

WTF is this really happening?

#66 6 years ago

Coaster are you buying one of these. I refuse to pre-order again. But would love to buy the title say 3 months after release.

I hate the current business model in our hobby. It is just wrong to me on many levels.
Just my opinion flame on.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Coaster are you buying one of these. I refuse to pre-order again. But would love to buy the title say 3 months after release.
I hate the current business model in our hobby. It is just wrong to me on many levels.
Just my opinion flame on.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, it seems like a necessary evil at this point. If more money was flowing in the industry I think consumers would be in a better position to hold off buying until the games are done. Right now it almost seems like without pre-ordering then some of these games would never happen.

One big problem I see with the current model is paying IN FULL prior to delivery. I think that if there is a payment plan, the final payment should not be made until delivery is immenent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
$ 88.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside