Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jam_Burglar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bilbo.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg
Hobbit-Pinball.jpg
7.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Nevermind guys

#2 6 years ago

Pinball expo most likely. Also parts and whitewood are being worked on now

#3 6 years ago

I know but to be have 4500$ in already; I think at least we could see an update; especially since we get threatened if we don't make it the price goes up

#4 6 years ago

I hear ya. I'm hoping for some new news as well. JJP is likely under something along the lines of an NDA in terms of showing assets from the 2nd and 3rd movies. I would just like to know if the pop ups are multilevel and / or have rear targets / ball locks.

#5 6 years ago

JJP is still working furiously to get WoZ delivered. They are probably not too concerned with TH right now...

I still have a hard time figuring out why you would pre order a pin that will be readily available forever... I mean 1500 LE's?

#6 6 years ago

TH development would be independent of what is going on at the factory. But yeah, I'd imagine not much can be shown until the second movie premieres, so expect a big update after christmas.

#7 6 years ago

What do you expect from jjp? WOZ has been shipping for months already and the code updates are few and far between. They best get WOZ up to par before spending time and money on TH.

#8 6 years ago

I know but if they want their money the least we should get is an update.

#9 6 years ago

Especially when we are threatened on them already having 3k of our money and that if we are not on time with our next pymt the price will go up.

#10 6 years ago

Doesn't help you, unfortunately, but I read in an interview with Joe Balcer that they are trying to balance between keeping the pre-orderers happy and giving too much away to the competition. They are also concerned that people will be very critical of the unfinished product, like what happened with WOZ.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

They are also concerned that people will be very critical of the unfinished product, like what happened with WOZ.

This +1000. I played a Woz prototype a few months ago, and a finished Woz yesterday. I came away from the prototype thinking it sucked. The final product does not, obviously, but that was the impression they were making by putting it out there when they did.

#12 6 years ago

I thought JJP was being a bit liberal on the payment schedule because he is aware of having missed so many deadlines on woz deliveries. Lots of early TH buyers said they were not going to make another payment until they got their woz. Mines pushed back again too....early november now.

#13 6 years ago

Deleted post

#14 6 years ago

This was not to be negative guys just a simple suggestion for Jack to think about for the people that have money in. I mean having 4500$ is the owners making an investment into the project; so they should have an inside look on things. That was all I was saying.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Especially when we are threatened on them already having 3k of our money and that if we are not on time with our next pymt the price will go up.

I don't know how you are going to be able to wait until 2015 for Hobbit. You may be better off to get it later so you don't stress so much so early in the process, especially since you enjoy playing games for a month or two and then moving to something else. You could go through a few other games in the meantime and not have the stress and anxiety of waiting like us WOZ people have had. I would not recommend pre-ordering to anyone.

#16 6 years ago

Here's your $4500 Hobbit update...

7.jpg

#17 6 years ago

I refuse to make this payment at this time. I have ordered 2 WozLE and 2 THLE. I told them that I will not make an more payments on the THLE until I receive my WozLE machines. I have been patient enough, so they can show the same respect at this time. And as for the price increase, that cant be enforced. First off, it was not a term when the payments were first being made, so they can not modify the terms midway through. And if they want to pull that, then I now publicly state that I am charging 500.00 per week for each week that I do not receive my WozLE.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

This was not to be negative guys just a simple suggestion for Jack to think about for the people that have money in. I mean having 4500$ is the owners making an investment into the project; so they should have an inside look on things. That was all I was saying.

Agreed. That's more than 50% of the pin final price.
I have invested less than that to get more information on Predator and Nemo.

I fully understand the "don't reveal too much to the competition" argument... but in that case change the payment plan!

#19 6 years ago

I thought that as long as you made payments over the summer up to the $3000 (paid up to date), before JJP announced the price increase, then you will still fine with the $7500 price, no increase.

I don't plan to make another payment until I see some updates....

#20 6 years ago

Nope if you are late on a payment after the 3k; I have been told that the price increase will go into effect.

#21 6 years ago

This thread brings back memories of Chocky in the WOZ forums back in the day.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else feel we should have gotten an update? I really think we should have.

musket, just curious...have you ordered a Hobbit?

--Luke

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Doesn't help you, unfortunately, but I read in an interview with Joe Balcer that they are trying to balance between keeping the pre-orderers happy and giving too much away to the competition.

What did WOz reveals give the competition that has been incorporated into Metallica or Star Trek?

Looks like Stern doesn't care.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Try again. The whole playfield layout has been released. Unsubscribe.

#25 6 years ago

Yes I have a hobbit on order guys

#26 6 years ago

It's not unexpected, really. Folks that preorder JJP or even Stern should have enough disposable income to not care about 4500 disappearing from their bank account, and should be patient enough to wait a few years to have their 'investment' come to fruition. And, with expo around the corner, you can probably expect *something* in this space.

-Wes

#27 6 years ago

I am genuinely curious. What sort of update are you wanting?

#28 6 years ago

I don't think there was any promise of timely updates with the pre-orders....pre-order guaranteed you one of 1500 ELUSIVE RARE LEs (lol) and a slightly better price. That's all. Update or not, you're not gonna see your game till 2015 so....just sit back and wait. Updates won't make it come sooner.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am genuinely curious. What sort of update are you wanting?

Yeah. I'm confused by this topic. They just released the full playfield schematics a few weeks ago. It's not like it's been months with no news.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else feel we should have gotten an update? I really think we should have.

I'll probably hate asking.

But did you think to call Jack and ask ?

He's the one that could best let you know when to expect an update.

LTG : )

#31 6 years ago

Geez Lloyd, you have all the great ideas!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

JJP is still working furiously to get WoZ delivered. They are probably not too concerned with TH right now...

Really? Do you think the Hobbit designers and prototypers are actually busy right now working on the WOZ assembly line? Naw. You're just stirring up your usual anti-JJP crap, as usual.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes I have a hobbit on order guys

I told you to get your money back. I mean they've only produced a few WoZ and they are for sale all the time. They'll be making WOZ for a long time to fulfill all the orders. Why pre-order when the same exact thing is going to happen. You would get a HUO hobbit faster than a pre-order NIB.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I told you to get your money back. I mean they've only produced a few WoZ and they are for sale all the time. They'll be making WOZ for a long time to fulfill all the orders. Why pre-order when the same exact thing is going to happen. You would get a HUO hobbit faster than a pre-order NIB.

Lol. First off not many are for sale. Maybe he preordered to not pay an additional $500 after the price increase, wanted a particular LE #, wanted to ensure a spot for an LE and preorder one now to get his LE earlier. Let people preorder if they want, its their money. I wouldn't buy a ST right now but I would never tell people not to do so.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What do you expect from jjp? WOZ has been shipping for months already and the code updates are few and far between. They best get WOZ up to par before spending time and money on TH.

If 1.2 comes out as expected at the end of the week that will be 4 updates in a month and a half.

#36 6 years ago

Was not expecting any sort of major update guys or anything like that; was just hoping that nobody was going to get penalized if they were a day or two late with their pymt; I guess just spoiled by being a zombieland owner and getting weekly updates

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Well that's proof positive for me. Placing my order with a distributor as we speak.

#38 6 years ago

I think I am going to hold off and pay $500 more as well. Even though I pulled my ST deposit, I am not going through this roller coaster ride again with JJP.

#39 6 years ago

I know but to be have 4500$ in already; I think at least we could see an update; especially since we get threatened if we don't make it the price goes up

Hello! Musketd what are you doing? Do I need to come to PA and smack you around? He's working on the WOZ. He will get more stuff out in time! I agree with LTG on this. Did you call Jack? You have his number! Look skippy do not start getting on Jack quite yet about this machine. I told you to jump on the WOZ and look you were to busy eatting pizza and tearing off your bumper. When you have this feeling "Hey I need more" just slap yourself but please stay inside. I do not want you hurting yourself! Jack had no choose but to make sure all the payments were up-to-date. People were behind. Heck, I was one of them, but I told Jack not one more penny until I got my WOZ and he understood and then he delivered my WOZ and I paid up. So when you feel where's my money? what have I done? And when Stern has made 8 new games with the same ramps and DMD's that look and feel just like the last 10 they made and the code stinks, and the plastics are breaking, and your waiting on your new boards for your new machine. Oops sorry, see what you did? you got me going! Sorry Stern can't wait to get my Star Trek LE anyway, Call me so I can talk you off the ledge. I attached some photo's to hold you over.

Hobbit-Pinball.jpg Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Nope if you are late on a payment after the 3k; I have been told that the price increase will go into effect.

That would go over in the pinball community worse than a juicy fart during a silent prayer in church. I doubt that Jack would put himself in that situation. By the time Hobbit comes out it will still be cheaper than a Stern LE and have more options unless Jack hires Stern's old marketing department (which is currently on vacation per the other thread).

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

a juicy fart during a silent prayer in church

He who farts in church, sits in his own pew.

#42 6 years ago

Actually I think I published the latest "update", if you want to call it that, when I published my interviews with Jack, Joe Balcer and Jean-Paul de Win. Here are the direct links:
Jack's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1425
Joe's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1449
Jean-Paul's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1467

These interviews were published like 3 weeks ago, but I don't think I have seen any update from JJP in the mean time.

#43 6 years ago

Jack is givin yous guys the Jersey Squeeze.

#44 6 years ago

Not sure why this is so hard to get, but again............

Option 1 - Follow the payment schedule and get the discount.......

Option 2 - Pay when it comes out and after you play it, 1500 is a big number.......

Option 3 - Commit to a Stern ST LE for 7800 based on a few pictures and 48 hours to decide....

#45 6 years ago

bilbo.jpg

Invoice #3xxx $1,500.00

Jersey Jack Pinball Inc.

every time i see a picture of the hobbit, it excites me enough to make the payment.

Hobbit-Pinball1.jpg

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Actually I think I published the latest "update", if you want to call it that, when I published my interviews with Jack, Joe Balcer and Jean-Paul de Win. Here are the direct links:
Jack's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1425
Joe's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1449
Jean-Paul's interview: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1467
These interviews were published like 3 weeks ago, but I don't think I have seen any update from JJP in the mean time.

Yes, thanks, that's where I read about Balcer not wanting to reveal too much of the design:

"I worked for Gary Stern for more than twelve years and I respect all those guys over there, but I don’t like to give them what I’m doing. Especially in today’s world with the Internet and how fast information moves. We put my layout out there and it was in the competition’s hand in a minute...So, to give a general idea of what’s going on, I’m OK with that. But to dig in to it and actually put out a lot more details, that’s something that I’m definitely not comfortable with." (From Pinball Magazine Interview)

Quoted from JoeJet:

What did WOz reveals give the competition that has been incorporated into Metallica or Star Trek?
Looks like Stern doesn't care.

I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of is the return to the shooter lane behind the upper-right flipper on WOZ being similar to the one on Star Trek.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of is the return to the shooter lane behind the upper-right flipper on WOZ being similar to the one on Star Trek.

but wasn't that a Spider-Man mod as well? Which ST copies more than anything. So I don't credit WOZ with this either.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

but wasn't that a Spider-Man mod as well? Which ST copies more than anything. So I don't credit WOZ with this either.

From the pics on IPDB, I don't think the lane behind the flipper goes back to the shooter lane on Spider-Man, but you said "mod" so are you saying that some games were modded to do this? There may be other earlier games that have this set-up, anyone?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

From the pics on IPDB, I don't think the lane behind the flipper goes back to the shooter lane on Spider-Man, but you said "mod" so are you saying that some games were modded to do this? There may be other earlier games that have this set-up, anyone?

The mini-loop behind the flipper empties onto the playfield, much like the side loops on POTC. However, there was also an alternate design for Spider-man that emptied back into the shooter lane.

Here's an email I received from Lyman when I inquired about this back in 2008. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this paragraph, but I think it's quite informative and relays a bit of history.

The "Spider-Sense Lane Exit" feature adjustment is currently "not yet implemented". Once I get some time at home I will work on it. Someone sent me some hardware to install on my game such that when you shoot the Spider-Sense Lane, the ball is delivered into the shooter lane instead of back out onto the playfield (and often down the right outlane). Steve Ritchie and I discussed changing the game in this manner shortly before production, but it was too late in the design process and would have cost a lot of money. The adjustment will allow the game to behave differently when set to 'SHOOTER LANE', assuming that I get around to writing the code for it.

The adjustment was added in v2.0, which is what this email was discussing, and current is v2.6, so I don't know if he ever did get around to adding that code.

In my opinion, ST's layout is quite literally SM v2.0 (many things line up so perfectly I honestly believe he began ST using SM's blueprint - this isn't merely a "kinda looks similar to" situation), so I think the only thing Steve copied... was himself.

#50 6 years ago

exactly. point is, I don't think we can credit WOZ for why this is in ST. I don't really see a lot of copying going on with any of the new pins. The only person getting "ripped off" is jpop's older designs (hammer and lamp).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside