Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Snowyetti
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160612_220851_(resized).jpg
    shop_pinballs_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

Just save your money and get what you really want down the line...

That's terrible advice. What if "what you really want" costs 2-5X the $1500 he's got to spend now? It's gonna be a long time before he gets a game. Set a budget, stick to it, and buy something. You can always sell the game "down the line" for what you paid for it or more and then buy "what you really want" at that time. That's what we all do.

I'd go for a classic Bally, firepower or flash, or a low end system 11 like Rollergames or big guns. Or a couple EMs
    Happy hunting dude!

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Might be able to find a Water World for somewhere around $1500.00.

You can get a waterworld for far less than that. Same with almost all of the premier games. I had a a waterworld here for $900 - full working and good shape - with zero takers.

The reason of course is the games just aren't that great, and everybody hates the flippers. But certainly if someone wants a really cheap DMD the waterworlds and Mario Andrettis of the world are your best option.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

By the time he saves " a couple hundred more", he's gonna have to save a couple hundred more and so on and so on......

Exactly.

Don't listen to these idiots. Buy a fun $1500 or less pin. There's hundreds of them.

1 week later
    #107 7 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

You've got to play as many different games as possible.

No you don't. That's months and months of time that could be better spent owning a pinball machine.

Ain't a big deal, especially at this budget point. If he ends up not liking the game he can sell or trade it for somethin else.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

I love how people on this forum say "especially at this budget point" or refer to $1,500 as "not much money". For some people, that's a LOT of money to be spending on anything that isn't bills. Crazy friggin forum we have here. I'd LOVE to have $1,500 to spend on a pin right now. I would have loved to have had $1,500 to spend on a pin any time in the last couple of years. Financial reality is very different for different people. The two pins on top of my want list right now both fall under the $1,500 mark, but that doesn't mean I can possibly find a way to buy them.
    I stand by my point. Play a ton of games. You don't need to spend months doing it, but whether you are spending that time owning a game or playing them on location, at people's houses, tournaments, league, whatever, you are still playing pinball and learning what you like and don't like. I was given that advice by a bunch of Pinsiders and it turned out to be great advice!

$1500 is a low budget at this point, unless he's interested in an EM (which is fine by the way). I don't get the whole "play as many machines as you can" angle when that's pretty much what he's already been doing his whole life as a pinball fan already.

Buy a game. If you don't like it, sell it. How many $1500 games you think the guy is gonna be able to find anyway on location? Likely very few if any. So why should he spend time and money trying to hunt those down to play when he might as well just buy one?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1500-budget-what-would-you-buy?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.