Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wizzardz
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LeftReelCable.jpg
DunnitMotorWires.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I just gave this tip to a fellow pinsider and thought I'd share for everyone [I'm a karma whore].
Just need to install a 6 pin connector on the wires.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9238

Exact [heavy duty] replacement. Screw holes are exact as original.
Here's the wire color order:
With the connector "nubs" pointing up and away from you [looking at where the wires crimp in] from left to right they are:
yellow, blue, empty, empty, red, green.

Works and tested 100% in SS and Who dunnit.

Crazy Marco sells them for $69 and almost $100 on greedbay.
This is a very reliable seller and have reasonable shipping rates.

Hope that helps someone out there.
Dan

#2 6 years ago

Nice tip. Thanks.

Question: Does the connector come off the old motor and you apply it to this one or do I need to order those connectors as well.

chris

#3 6 years ago

either way. reuse the connector if you're trashing the old motor. you can use a small flatblade screwdriver to push the wires in but I have a tool that does that for you.

#4 6 years ago

What's the tool. Sounds like something I should add to the pinball toolbox.

chris

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What's the tool. Sounds like something I should add to the pinball toolbox.
chris

Scroll down both sizes at the bottom.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=opnahu546vu351h5h62d7u9c60&keyword=IDC

#6 6 years ago

Sweet. Time to do some pinbits shopping to maximize my shipping dollar.

Chris

#7 6 years ago

http://www.newark.com/itw-pancon/mmit-156f/crimp-tool/dp/95F3537

this is the one we have at work. dream to work with building GI connectors.

#8 6 years ago

Good show dgoett!

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I just gave this tip to a fellow pinsider and thought I'd share for everyone [I'm a karma whore].
Just need to install a 6 pin connector on the wires.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9238
Exact [heavy duty] replacement. Screw holes are exact as original.
Here's the wire color order:
With the connector "nubs" pointing up and away from you [looking at where the wires crimp in] from left to right they are:
yellow, blue, empty, empty, red, green.
Works and tested 100% in SS and WHO dunnit.
Crazy Marco sells them for $50+ and almost $100 on greedbay.
This is a very reliable seller and have reasonable shipping rates.
Hope that helps someone out there.
Dan

Want to thank Dan for this info! Replaced all three motors for less than what one would have cost me elsewhere! Thanks again bro!

9 months later
#10 5 years ago

Replaced all three today per this post - worked out great!!! Thanks for sharing this find and figuring out what the wiring was. Did have to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up some M3 x 6mm screws, the ones from my old motors didn't want to go in properly.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks OP. Can't hurt to have a spare!

#12 5 years ago

Is this the same motor as NBA Fastbreak or White Water?

3 months later
#13 4 years ago

I have ordered the motors from a distributor that Sparkfun listed for Germany (Flikto). They fit exactly, the cables however could be slightly longer. For the left reel motor I had to route the wire differently but that was still no problem.

The cable colors of the new motors did not match neither the description here nor the colors mentioned in the data sheet found at Sparkfun/Flikto, so I just wanted to post this for anyone else.

The cable sequence (looking at the connector trom the top, right onto the side the wires crimp in) is:
grey, green, empty, empty, red, yellow.

When hooking the motors up incorrectly they either do not spin at all or change directions pretty erratically.

And yes, I know, I should get a crimping tool. Just picked up my first pinball machine a week ago and still have to acquire most of the usual tools

#14 4 years ago

This is great info. Thanks Nycon

#15 4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for this, I've got a W?D coming in in two weeks that needs a new motor on one of the slots, so this is perfect!

#16 4 years ago

While I am at it: This is how I routed the cables from the left wheel motor. Works like a charm.

Slightly offtopic: I am probably going for a full as-mint-as-possible restore on my machine. I know that many parts are not available (decals, ramp plastics) which is even more of a challenge. I am now in the process of making new plastic parts and decals for my machine and will post a new thread with pictures as soon as I can (probably Wednesday). Parts already completed are: Back of elevator chute (ramp that delivers balls from PF to the three-legged elevator ramp), slot machine window and a few assorted smaller parts.

#17 4 years ago

Ordered one. Thank You.

2 months later
#18 4 years ago

Rebuilding my reels and ordered three of these. Can someone give specs, source or PN for the connector for the motor wires? I had some AMP 640440-6, but these are too small - I'm guessing I just need the .156 version of these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside